Epoxy a slide-on clip to a Peak El Capitan?

ericbakuladavis

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,

I'm thinking about buying a Non-QTC El Capitan from Peak and attaching a pocket clip to it. One thought I had is to buy a slide-on clip and epoxy it to the body. Has anyone attempted such a thing? Can anyone recommend a clip that would fit well on the El Cap? Peak's website says the barrel diameter is 0.738 inches.

I am aware that the keychain attachment of a Peak can be used to secure a clip and that tapping and screwing a clip is also possible. For now, I am looking for feedback on the epoxy idea and any other "easy" solutions.

Eric

Last edited:

ericbakuladavis

Newly Enlightened
Well, since this thread is still open, I'll post a follow-up. I went ahead and bought this clip:

theshorelinemarket_2430_960488267

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-fx-pc.html

I used a rotary tool to remove some of the knurling from the El Cap to accommodate the part of the clip that connects the "band" to the "arm". The clip was made for a smaller-diameter (AAA) light, so it only wraps about 60% of the way around the El Cap. However, after setting it in epoxy, it hasn't moved for 3 years. The bad part about a clip that doesn't come off is that if you bend it out too far, it's hard (impossible?) to bend it back.

Bm6VsvYum_n1dG5azJ7cI254l4H74fWPLlAnDhY-XeBbWBDo0MKxyrnBCxd7sN32LV4dOjrBdlwlyTM=w1022-h456-rw

RasD35WeEu8m-9mKQA4oAPEJ2BF2iQZQ3ryD1DeUxI8HraBhvOBiLYFy94H2Ba41bPEgcP8V4XEOFkI=w1022-h456-rw

Gex7LdGQDYTLkoE2pXwsqWSUa45mRF4kK-85NpVRDWhwh7Edbah4wJuSua7MVMbWop0Oq2UzypPPi6E=w1022-h456-rw

Last edited: