Q Beam Modification

jacef8

Newly Enlightened
I have ONE LOOOOOONG day of research behind me on the topic of custom LED flashlights. I am a Paramedic in a small town and it is 1615 and we are yet to run a call. With the plethora of information on the internet about this topic I have become equally informed as I have become confused. My goal is to take an existing "Q Beam" 3 million candle power spotlight and remove anything unnecessary parts and insert 4-5 XM-L2 cree bulbs. This style of light's form factor is excellent for what I will be useing it for. I also dont care anything about different brightness levels. Just on and off. These Q Beams out of the box run off of a 12v cigarette outlet. I would like to keep it this way because I want to keep it light and it will be used while moving in a vehicle or boat where I will be able to plug it in. I am haveing a hard time understanding the "drivers" and dc to dc converters, and all the different "boards" that are required to make LED's work. I have found a few parts I think I will need for this project as far as the actual 16mm XM-L2 LEDs and the reflector even though I have read that there is a debate over reflectors versus "optics". With all that said, I really have no preference on the light excepet I want it to be bright and very tight throw in order to get the most distance. So if anyone has there own ideas or thoughts on how to acheive this I'm all ears. My wife bought me a trustfiire 3800 lumen flashlight that I use as a benchmark and I would like it to be atleast this bright. If you advise certain parts would you please tell me where to find them?