Update from Armytek

LessDark

Enlightened
I just noticed that Armytek has updated their pictures for their Tiara series.
Am I the only one who don't really like what I see? I mean, are they not a bit too bulky?
Maybe I'm just a bit spoiled from Zebralight's headlamps...
I was really looking forward to the new headlamps from Armytek, and I really liked the look of th.e Wizard.
What are your thoughts?
Guess we'll just have to see...

TurboBlaster

Newly Enlightened
I agree it looks rather fugly

I have the Xtar H1 and Nitecore HC50. In terms of appearance, they are both sleek and futuristic

I also have the Armytek Wizard, but it could take some design hints from Xtar and Nitecore

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I care more about functions than look. I was looking forward to the Tiara Pro, but it doesn't look like I will be buying it because it looks like it doesn't have a clip. Yeah, I said clip. If my Zebralight H51w/H52w don't come with a clip, I wouldn't have bought them. It's just the way I use my lights.

Anyway, more info is needed on the Tiara Pro.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I was hoping this was the update for the Wizard for v1.5. Is that ever going to happen? It's been almost 4-5 months since it's release already. Are there really people here that sent their lights back to China and are waiting without a light for over 3 months now?

Kilroytheknifesnob

Newly Enlightened
I hope they adjust the design more toward an EDC pocket carry light than "just a headlamp." It needs to be smoothed out a bit, the switch recessed, and a pocket clip added. There's a lot of potential there, and I really would like to buy one. It's the details that will determine how successful this product becomes.

Does anyone have any insight into the UI scheme this would use?

jcs0001

Newly Enlightened
I've just ordered the Armytek Tiara A1 Pro XM-L2 although I couldn't get as much detail about the light levels as I would like. I expect it will take about 6 weeks (I'm in Canada). Once I get it if there haven't been any reviews I'll do a short non technical review. It seems like there aren't any reviews to date - I've searched the net a few times.

The specs on Armytek's site do indicate that it has a removable clip.

John.

jcs0001

Newly Enlightened
My armytek tiara has now been shipped and I received further info from Armytek as to the specs. They are as follows:

Maximal light output: 950 LED lumens (powered by 14500 battery)
Beam distance: 40m
LED: Cree XM-L2 U2 LED
Tint: Cool White 5500K
Optics: TIR-optics
Stabilization of constant brightness regardless of frost and low battery voltage: FULL
Hotspot: 70 ° Spill: 120 °
Power source: 1xAA / 1x14500
Li-Ion Output levels and runtimes (powered by AA battery): 550 lm (30min), 250 lm (1h 10min), 85 lm (4h), 12 lm (30h), 2 lm (240h), 0.1 lm (100d), 2 Strobes
Number of modes: 8
Type of mode switching: Side switch

John.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Tiara? Really?

Maybe the pretty pretty princess light would be better?

:D

I have the wizard and like it, but these names now are putting me off.

:D

jcs0001

Newly Enlightened
I hope that they at least tie the package in a pretty ribbon:laughing:

I noticed that the armytek website now has the instruction manual for the Tiara pro available for download - don't think it was there when I looked a week or more ago.

John.

rotncore

Newly Enlightened
I also have the A1 Pro and a C1 Pro on order. I had an order in for a Spark light from a dealer that was showing stock when I ordered, but somehow the stock disappeared and my order was delayed for over a month, so I cancelled and went with the ArmyTeks. I'll do a quick review, or maybe I can arrange to loan them out to Selfbuilt since I think he lives nearby.