Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro Died...Any Mods or Replacement Pills

Crosswire3

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro (non-IBS) when they were released and have loved it since. Just this last week it took a dump and has had no signs of life since. It has always been fed Eneloops.

I am hoping to fine a replacement pill or way of modding it to make use of what was once my favorite light. Any suggestions? (If not, is there any value in the dead light?)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It could be modded to replace the internals, but unless you're doing it yourself, it'll be more cost and complication than just getting a new light. GoingGear has final-revision Jet-1 Pros in stock for $70, but the light is hopelessly outdated against much cheaper current offerings - a MiniMag PRO at your local box store has the same 225 lumens for $20..

Crosswire3

Newly Enlightened
I have an SC52 on the way as a replacement but would still like to save the jetbeam. I can do any machining necessary. Is there a pill that could almost be dropped in?

LedTed

Enlightened
Crosswire3 and all,

When my JetBeam Jet-1 Pro (IBS) started to work intermittently, I lubed the switch with SuperLube and it has worked fine from then on. Hope this helps.

Crosswire3

Newly Enlightened
The switch is fine in this case. i tested the board with a bench top power supply and it isn't drawing any current...may just try taking it apart and see what we have. It appears to be pressed in place.