DealExtreme        
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728

Thread: SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

Default Re: SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Faulty switch or undocumented drop-in behavior?

Noticed my L2T SS with Nichia Triple P60 started to blink or turn off. First idea was a faulty switch, but then I checked battery voltage and it was 3.075V. Now I am charging the battery. Will be sad if the problem persists. Will have to find a new switch.

Sounds like a warning of low voltage by your description vad, 3.075v then under load will drop it under 3v and cause to blink.

Reg switch, sure you get a spare with the L2T iirc, also just make sure secure as over time of removing tail cap, can loosen and simply just need a nip up with circlip / needle nose pliers(or alike),

Still charging

Yes, that was low voltage, not a switch problem.

Good stuff

Was looking for a Nichia triple P60 drop in and after days of researching I went with SporTac. I just installed it yesterday and couldn't believe the build quality. I like the spring too - looks really sturdy plus a nice flat disc for contact. My film canister case says it's a XM-L but there's a little bit of text that says it's a Nichia.

I ordered the latter and since I've been out of the flashlight game for a while, my eyes can't really tell the difference. The light is quite white. How can I tell that I really have a Nichia drop in and XM-L?

Also, the two brightness levels claim to be 20% and 100% but when I switch between them, they seem really close in brightness. Maybe 80 and 100. Is this a bug?

Lastly, in all my bodies - 2 different Solarforce and a Surefire C2, the switching is really inconsistent. Sometimes it takes 3 on/off's to switch between the two modes. Any advice?
    Peace!
    Sygyzy
    www.sygyzy.com | Hall of Fame: js, MrBulk, Litho123, Dark Zero, Lips, Milkyspit, StarHalo

I use an L2T SS from Solarforce. To select a mode I do half-presses from off (the switch is forward clicky). When I see the necessary brightness I just turn a half-press into full-press. Done

I use 18650GA unprotected and modes are obviously differ in brightness. Make sure your battery is capable of high current to provide necessary power for the high mode.

P.S.: Just checked mine with a DMM. Low current is 0.4A, high current is 1.956A. 20% and 97.8%. Battery voltage is 3.74V. Perfect
    Last edited by vadimax; 12-30-2016 at 02:18 PM.

I would make sure the cell has proper contact(length wise). Depending on the host(solarforce and surefire are quite different i have found) and require little "tweaks". These can be using an extra spring(larger one that sits at the base around the bottom of the drop in) or using a longer cell(some of my surefire's have had to have a magnet on the end of the cell to aid contact, so when shook it keeps in contact with p60.

20% and 100% should be noticeable, so the obvious would be to make sure cell voltage is good.

Its not unusual to have different info on a case, mine have had nichia stickers on the case(goes to get a pic)

The last triple i got was a dual mode nichia, but tint was way off(too cool and would put it 5500k ish). Long story cut short, was returned, the rest of the dual modes were the same so sportac have messed up somewhere. Ended up with a single mode nichia this time which is not ideal but i needed the 4500k tint i am used to with the sportacs. So it now resides in my cooly which is fine being a beefy host and fed on 26650 food.

You can easy remove the little internal silver ring that unscrews , the optics will easily lift out(take care not to scratch or put finger prints over it) and take a pic of LED's. Or from what you see, look on the net for a pic of the nichia to compare to.

3 sportac line up, xp-g2/219c 4000k 2 mode and 219b single mode

Been using the 219c 4000k quite a bit in work so brought home and using my 4th sportac which is a 2 mode 219b, just to break it up! Got to love the sportac triples

Not been bumped for a while, big fan of these sportacs.................after all $30 or so for a triple nichia is hard to beat IMO. Added another 219c 4000k,
    From L-219c 4000k 2 mode/xp-g2 2 mode/219b single mode/219c 4000k 2 mode.

My other 219b 2 mode is a daily work horse, dropped many times and still perfect

So far 5 sportac triples..............i must like them

Will never reach that number, but ordered another Nichia one. Little discount at NKON pushed me to employ an empty host

Will never reach that number, but ordered another Nichia one. Little discount at NKON pushed me to employ an empty host

Which flavour 219 vad, B or C? If you decide(if not already) flashaholics has the 219c 4000k in(shows as just 219 dual mode).

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Which flavour 219 vad, B or C? If you decide(if not already) flashaholics has the 219c 4000k in(shows as just 219 dual mode).
    With 900 LED lm and 676 ANSI FL-1 I guess it is 219B.

With 900 LED lm and 676 ANSI FL-1 I guess it is 219B.

Yes that is the 219b specs, however that is also shown on flashaholics and i received the 219c 4000k. Not sure, but it does seem sportac have sent out some different types. The one i returned a while back was labelled 219b but certainly not, so i got the 219b single mode which was in stock(perfect CT/tint). Months later i got an email showing stock, i ordered my preferred dual mode(20% gets me through most of the time ). I do like the 219c 4000k, having a different tint(little yellow instead of a little rosy) just gives me something a little different to use.

I like my single mode 219b 4500K very much!

Yes that is the 219b specs, however that is also shown on flashaholics and i received the 219c 4000k. Not sure, but it does seem sportac have sent out some different types. The one i returned a while back was labelled 219b but certainly not, so i got the 219b single mode which was in stock(perfect CT/tint). Months later i got an email showing stock, i ordered my preferred dual mode(20% gets me through most of the time ). I do like the 219c 4000k, having a different tint(little yellow instead of a little rosy) just gives me something a little different to use.
    Finally my drop-in has arrived. Well, it turned out to be a 219C emitter. Web page said nothing, but the box itself has a clear 219C marking and tint is definitely on the yellow side. Perhaps, they have shifted to the C entirely.

And one more moment: the beam is less floody now.

At first I was a little unsure, but the more time spent with it , the more I liked it. Defo towards yellow, but nothing like my XP- L2 easywhite!! Seems a little brighter over the 219b, both I enjoy using. Nice to have choices

At first I was a little unsure, but the more time spent with it , the more I liked it. Defo towards yellow, but nothing like my XP- L2 easywhite!! Seems a little brighter over the 219b, both I enjoy using. Nice to have choices
    It might look a bit brighter because of a more focused beam I guess.

I am sure the lumens are higher though, the 219c 4000k can be pushed more than the 219b................sure they have a lower vf.

Been wanting to ask ya'll this for the last couple years or more.

When these drop-ins were still a fairly new thing, I bought two different models; a single mode XM-L w/reflector that's been great, and gets a fair amount of use to this day, and a two mode Nichia triple that mysteriously stopped working after a few uses. No user error, was using the correct battery voltage, but I never got around to requesting warranty service.

Anway, I'd love to get this thing back in business as it was great the few times I got to use it. Has anyone replaced the driver, or done other mods on these?

Most high quality triples are a bit overpriced IMO, so it'd be cool to fix the Sportac.
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

I guess it will be kind of problematic: not sure about back then, but not these drop-ins come potted (glued with an epoxy resin or whatever it is.

And I hope this is not a flat top battery issue
    Last edited by vadimax; 09-06-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Would check contacts first, maybe try in another host. Tough one to diagnose really. Maybe contact eagtac and send in, can't see any issue even if out of warranty. Might just be a small cost(may ship a new one ).
    With the plastic polarity protection, on a couple of mine I simply snipped off ,so I could use flat tops. Of course there is a risk! Have to make sure cell is correct orientation.

No flat tops, Vadimax. Only used it with 2 X SF123's in a Z2. Made sure to order the Surefire model as opposed to the Solarforce. The positive spring is cockeyed, tilting the contact plate, so it may have grounded out somewhere under battery pressure. Should've contacted the vendor, but time goes fast, and it's now the better half of 2017. Will give it a shot though, Ven!... haha.
    Last edited by Bimmerboy; 09-07-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728