SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was all started a couple years ago w/ Tod from illuminationgear & the owner of ET.
I can't believe it's been that long now,, Tod & I had phone & email correspondence on these some time ago.

Look for sportaclight.com coming soon for P60 goods:thumbsup:

• Sportac P60 LED dropin for Surefire hosts (XM-L2 U2) — Sportac P60 LED dropin for Surefire hosts (XM-L2 U2), brass construction housing, deep and throw optimized smooth reflector, 1116 LED lumen, 2.7-9V operating voltage, built with CREE XM-L2 U2 Cool white LED, or CREE XM-L2 T6 Neutral White LED. For 6P, 9P, 6Z, C2, C3, M2, G3, G2, or other CR123A aluminum P60 body. Need adapter ring to fit 18650 P60 body.
  • Sportac P60 LED dropin for 18650 P60 hosts (XM-L2 U2) — Sportac P60 LED dropin for 18650 P60 hosts (XM-L2 U2), same spec as above, except this dropin will only fit the 18650 based P60 host (e.g. Solarforce 6P).
  • Sportac P60 LED dropin for Surefire hosts (3*XP-G2/3*Nichia 219 CRI92) — Sportac P60 LED dropin for Surefire hosts (3*XP-G2 S2/3*Nichia 219 CRI92), brass construction housing, 1224 LED lumen, 2.7-9V operating voltage. This triple LED combo gives higher lumen output and floodier beam. Choose from XP-G2 S2 LED for max. output and Nichia 219 CRI92 LED for the best color. For 6P, 9P, 6Z, C2, C3, M2, G3, G2, or other CR123A aluminum P60 body. Need adapter ring to fit 18650 P60 body.
  • Sportac P60 LED dropin for 18650 P60 hosts (3*XP-G2/3*Nichia 219 CRI92) — Sportac P60 LED dropin for 18650 P60 hosts (3*XP-G2/3*Nichia 219 CRI92), same spec as above, except this dropin will only fit the 18650 based P60 host (e.g. Solarforce 6P).
gtpm.jpg

q1jx.jpg

So why did i sell off my 18650 P60 hosts the other day? :eek:

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sportac™ P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

Wow!!! Where did you see this info? This is awesome. They are actually making drop-ins designed from the ground to tightly fit Solarforce hosts? Man, Eagletac is always doing stuff under the radar and next thing you know, bam, you have something to spend more money on! :broke:

aau007

Enlightened

So who is selling these dropins?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can only find more info about this thread on the german flashlight forum. From what I saw there Eagletac has a lot of great new stuff coming for 2014. The thought of a tight-fitting triple Nichia that is driven well is exciting. I had a EDC+/IS triple Nichia. It was great but I wished they would have driven it harder. Time to sell some more stuff!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

If this is what I think it is,,
the ball started rolling on it well over a year ago & I promised not to say a word about it.:)

Almost thought the project was scrapped...

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

If this is what I think it is,,
the ball started rolling on it well over a year ago & I promised not to say a word about it.:)

Almost thought the project was scrapped...

Nice job keeping quiet about it. I actually like it that Eagletac seems to keep all of it's new projects under wraps until they have things worked out and ready for market. I have bought many Eagletac lights over the last year, all of which were new releases at the time. None of them have had any of the kind of beta problems that occur in some other manufacturer's lights. Also, as all of us have seen on various threads, you can't have a design by committee. Too many cooks in the kitchen, you know. This way they do what they want to do and we as consumers can decide with our wallets whether we like the design or not. Eagletac has been really good about guessing my desires in lights and keep getting my money as a result.

msim

Enlightened

As a P60 junkie this has my attention!

Edit: It doesn't seem like a stretch that they'll start selling P60 Hosts also!

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened

They look like single mode drop-ins. I wonder if they would work in a Malkoff MD2 with the High/Low ring.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast

at last a decent p60 drop in , mass produced with full world wide manufacturer back up. nice. i have never bought a custom or small company drop in, for money and warranty costs / complexity.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately brass isn't very good at transfering heat. I'm curious what are lux/1m numbers for those drop-ins.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

This was all started a couple years ago w/ Tod from illuminationgear & the owner of ET.
I can't believe it's been that long now,, Tod & I had phone & email correspondence on these some time ago.

Look for sportaclight.com coming soon for P60 goods :thumbsup:

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened

I'm really glad to see the P60 not die. I've been LEGOing the host for a few years. Where else could you run a 4amp XM-L2 in a 1-18350 format then move it all the way up to a 2-18650 or just change the dropins all together. If the price is good then this could breathe a few more quality options into the picture. Looks like Eagletac really put a good product idea into play. Really curious which sells the most Surefire or SolarForce host.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

Word is, very competitive pricing == $40 ish {single emitter units wil be even less}

xm-l2 single_____________^

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

i don't understand the SPORTAC logo :fail:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

One of the first factors considered in this project was throw, there were so few drop-ins that had any.
The ET owner is specialized in optical characteristics, so the reflector will likely be custom.

I'll go out on a limb and say the xm-l2 drop-in will be unlike anything yet made ,
and by listing LUX in a commercial drop-in is bold.
The triple will be a more floody sweeper, unless some real magic is done.

btw; I purposely overshot the price in my previous post, the triple may come in under $40
with the single mid $30s'

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they are going to intend these for SolarForce hosts, then they should also make some decent tailcaps/switches that can go with them.

The SolarForce tailcaps/switches are absolute crap!
They need a forward clicky that isn't junk.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

^

that's with the triple optics
and it should read xp-g2 for the cool tint one.