Crenellated Bezel Or Not?

puinsai

Enlightened
I just rec'd my brass Tri-EDC in less than 90 days from Mac!!! My light came without a Crenellated bezel. I thought all new Mac Tri-EDC's come with a Crenellated bezel? I think the plain bezel is more aesthetically pleasing as well as easier for daily carry. Just curious why my new light came this way? Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I would enquire with Mac but apparently does not know how to read, does not have access to a computer or just doesn't care about quality customer service.
thank you...

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I just rec'd my brass Tri-EDC in less than 90 days from Mac!!! My light came without a Crenellated bezel. I thought all new Mac Tri-EDC's come with a Crenellated bezel? I think the plain bezel is more aesthetically pleasing but just curious why my new light came this way? Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I would enquire with Mac but apparently does not know how to read, does not have access to a computer or just doesn't care about quality customer service.
thank you...

That's a fairly insulting way to ask for help....in case you didn't notice?

The answer probably lies in the realm of information related to your impression thought all Mac Tri-EDC's come with a Crenelated Bezel.

If you had read the site's descriptions, or, noticed the pictures, the base light has a non-crenelated bezel. It is possible that you had trouble reading that, or, using your computer, or perhaps did not have access to a computer and purchased over the phone, etc.

:D

Luckily, you like it the way it comes, and it was simply a case of it not coming with something you didn't want, unless you paid extra for it, which would be sort of counter productive, etc.

If you carry it in your pocket the crenelations can tear up the pocket and so forth, so, most prefer the smooth bezel for EDC. The crenelations do let you see if your face down light is on/act as a night light effect, and, if you really wanted to make several very shallow/superficial wounds, they will work for taking DNA samples of bad guys, etc. But, yeah, the smooths are generally more pocket/EDC friendly.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

puinsai

Enlightened
Ty Gentlemen for the quick and informative replies. I wish I would of had this torch on my last deployment to Afghanistan.
yeah, if I had the extra time to research I would not have posed the questions, hence why I enquirer in a THE flashlight forum. The facts remain Mac makes a great light but his business skills suck.