Huckberry/Maratac AA Copper Clicky Problem

cprrckwlf

Newly Enlightened
I was ordering some Christmas gifts from Huckberry and decided to treat myself to their AA Cu Light. This is a Maratac Cu AA, but with a tailcap clicky and a tight/lose 2 mode twist head instead of the pure twist interface direct from Countycomm. I've had the Countycomm AAA Cu for a while and I've been pleased with it, plus I have a thing for Copper.

Anyway, the light arrived today, I tossed in a battery and fired it up. Works fine on high, but when I twist the head for low it ramps down over a span of around 2 seconds and then immediately ramps back up to full where it sits. Starting with the head lose before clicking on yields the same results.

Anyone else seen this behavior? Is there some way to reset/reboot the controller, or is this a send-back?

Any help would be appreciated.

turkeylord

Enlightened
<late reply>

Yes, that was the previous UI. You can "lock in" any level by tightening the head again. I'm thinking about ordering a new one as well.

*EDIT* Has anyone ordered one more recently and received the High/Low mode driver?

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
the "specs" on Huckberry have always stated 2 mode. I just use mine on high all the time with a Nichia 219 LED in it now. the regular Cu AA head will fit on it as well if you want to lego them.