HDS Systems        
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT BREED AND HOW MANY DOGS[POOCHES!!]?

Default Re: WHAT BREED AND HOW MANY DOGS[POOCHES!!]?

I've a 4 year old Black Lab named Jack. He's my hiking/biking/backpacking/outdoor adventure buddy.

Quick hiking trip this past weekend:

Backpacking in East Texas' Piney Woods region.

Riding the trails:

On a cold, wet morning one day. Hiking down the trail.

At the lake.

Please understand that this is NOT good quality!! It looks even worse when enlarged!! This was our GSD "Baron Von Mazur" in 1964.I took this picture with the TV on pause!! This was original 8mm film that my dad always took of me and my brothers! I converted it to DVD and the quality is not too bad when watching it in real time!

He was a great dog and lived to 11 years old.He was ~3 months old in this picture. He went/watched me and my Brothers go sledding!

Once we left the kitchen for 5 minutes and he ate a WHOLE bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken,bones and all!! A minor miracle the bones did not splinter and do internal damage!

He only ever bit one person,my friend Bruce who insisted on walking the dog after he had been outside on the line for ~12 hours. Baron was verrry thirsty! He grabbed Bruce's arm and pinned him against the tree without hurting him or even breaking his skin!

We had Three[3] consecutive GSD named Baron!
    Last edited by Capolini; 03-19-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR
    A resentment is a cancer that eats us away from the inside and is portrayed by our attitude from the outside. Capolini-6.4.2003
    Physical beauty temporarily satisfies the eye. Inner beauty is eternal and nurtures the soul. Capolini-7.23.2017

Jack is a great l@@king dog, ahtoxa11.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Awe that is a great GSD story. I am on my 3rd one. I found my first one, or I should say my first one found me, one summer when I was about 13. It wondered into my yard and ended up finding a home. I ended up finding a great friend. We were both lucky. He was about 4 years old, I guess. He lived another 6 years.
    I just love how loyal and smart they are. I tell my wife, they are a better judge of people than me. My new rule is, if my GSD doesn't like you, we aren't going to be friends for long. I subject all my new "friends" to my GSD test. Oh and she loves cats. She even lets one of mine sleep on her!

^Another nice story!

Sadly, Siberians have been known to kill cats. They have a VERY high prey drive for small animals which unfortunately "can" include Cats.

Capo has NEVER been off leash except for Dog Parks.Totally different than GSD in that respect.

He has killed Two Groundhogs and Two Opossums w/ me attached to the leash. We did not go out of our way to do this. Wrong place at the wrong time for them.These have been ALL during our night time trail walks w/ the exception of One.They were on the edge of the trail and it was over in < 10 seconds.

My Friend Hal [79 years old] who is dying from Alzheimers[see post # 39-Hal and Chris & Post #46 their Boxer Jefferson] would always say, DOGS ARE THE BEST PEOPLE! I totally agree with this for many reasons!

I also agree that Dogs[GSD and some others!] are a great judge of people.This guy came over to rent a room that I had available. Capo kept circling him and barking[Husky's don't usually bark !] at him! Most of this was done whenever the guy made eye contract with him! Long story short I did more research on this guy and it turned out he had lied to me, had bad credit and was fired from his last job for stealing! Needless to say that guy was history!
    A resentment is a cancer that eats us away from the inside and is portrayed by our attitude from the outside. Capolini-6.4.2003
    Physical beauty temporarily satisfies the eye. Inner beauty is eternal and nurtures the soul. Capolini-7.23.2017

I grew up with GSD's but now I have a 3 year old Tri Rough Collie named Tyson. Tyson is the first dog, I raised from a puppy all by myself. He is very quiet and well mannered but he still have traits of his herding roots. Whenever I take him to the park and let him off his leash, he tries to herd the little kids playing lol.

I am now thinking of getting another rough collie now, but Sable and white instead of Tri.

Quote Originally Posted by dale.gribble View Post
    I grew up with GSD's but now I have a 3 year old Tri Rough Collie named Tyson. Tyson is the first dog, I raised from a puppy all by myself. He is very quiet and well mannered but he still have traits of his herding roots. Whenever I take him to the park and let him off his leash, he tries to herd the little kids playing lol.

I am now thinking of getting another rough collie now, but Sable and white instead of Tri.
    Nice! Post some pictures.

You have to use Photo bucket or something similar in order to get pics. on here. Capo is my FIRST dog raised as a Puppy. I had a Malamute/GSD that I found in 1983. He was ~ 1 year old according to the vet. GSD dogs I grew up w/ Don't count because they were family Dogs!

I lost my Tucker on Easter Sunday.
    He spent the whole day sitting on the hill, out in the sunshine.
    He came to the door at 4pm and died immediately after his body was completely inside my kitchen door.
    He has a permanent home on the hill now.
    He was 10.

i'm sorry for your loss, timbo114, rip Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by alpg88 View Post
    i'm sorry for your loss, timbo114, rip Tucker.
    +1 I know how special our BEST FRIENDS are.

Like my Buddy Hal[dying from alzheimers] SAYS, "DOGS ARE THE BEST PEOPLE"!

Quote Originally Posted by timbo114 View Post
    He came to the door at 4pm and died immediately after his body was completely inside my kitchen door.
    He has a permanent home on the hill now. He was 10.
    Sorry to hear about your doggie. The silver lining was that he knew to enjoy his last hours, then to say a final goodbye. Very sweet.

Here's something along those lines that is heartbreaking but still wonderful. Always tears me up a bit.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 04-07-2015 at 02:42 PM.

^^^^

That is very nice,,,sad but touching and no doubt true. Dogs are smarter than us humans think they are and they do have feelings and emotions. For example when a soldier has come home or a dog is lost for awhile. How they go crazy when they reunite with us!

He was 10.
    sorry for your loss, we are down to one dog now, over 13 years old.

A few recent pics of the "Boss in his Newest Bed"!

Looking cozy there Capo! I saw a huskie at the zoo the other day...I could just see the "when is it going to snow?!" look on his face
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Looking cozy there Capo! I saw a huskie at the zoo the other day...I could just see the "when is it going to snow?!" look on his face
    What was the Husky doing at the Zoo?! He was not in captivity was He/She?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capolini View Post
    What was the Husky doing at the Zoo?! He was not in captivity was He/She?!!
    HAHA no that didn't come out right! The owner and dog were just hanging out in the picnic area.
    GOOD TINT!

Does your Husky know how to say I Love You? .

We have a toy Poodle named Georgia passed on last year. She was 8.
    Pick the pooch!

Quote Originally Posted by don.gwapo View Post
    Does your Husky know how to say I Love You? .

We have a toy Poodle named Georgia passed on last year. She was 8.
    Sorry to hear about your pooch,,,,,,,,DOGS ARE THE BEST PEOPLE!

That is an awesome Youtube video!

Capo, my Husky, says," I want to eat ALL the Squirrels, Rabbits, Groundhogs ect. "!!!!

Removed by his own request

great thread capolini. you have a lot of great pics and seem like a wonderful person. i am a dog lover i had two american bulldogs and two black and tans i had to find homes for them when i sold out and moved it was one of the hardest things i ever did.

Yeah, dogs really are men's best friend. Thinking getting another toy poodle that I'm going to name Georgina.
    Pick the pooch!

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

He was 10.

My condolences, it is never easy saying goodbye to a trusted companion. A friend of mine pointed out that in almost all cases any dog that we adopt will probably pass before we do. I had never thought about it that way. I am glad you were able to have a permanent site on your property to honor Tucker with. Our dogs give us everything they have, love, honor, respect...When we adopted our most recent dog, she was only 4 weeks old. Most of the rescues we adopt are older-they are less likely to find a home...this time they were all quite young. I had not had a puppy in a long long time, but she has brought a lot of love to our house. I am glad Tucker had 10 years with you...you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I have 1 wild dog, she's about 13 weeks old, and extremely intelligent for her age. Already aggressive, i must socialize more.

her mother constantly attacks the coyotes that come by my parents property, rushing into a group of 4 or 5 coyotes and making them scram, is a beautiful sight to see.

^^^ Nice looking pooch! She looks like a GSD/Husky Dog...maybe she is part Coyote?! Her Mother is brave!! I am surprised the coyotes did not get aggressive with her. They are known to kill Dogs,,especially 5 of them to 1 Dog!

^^^ Nice looking pooch! She looks like a GSD/Husky Dog...maybe she is part Coyote?! Her Mother is brave!! I am surprised the coyotes did not get aggressive with her. They are known to kill Dogs,,especially 5 of them to 1 Dog!
    It's a wild dog from korea, called a Jindo. Not much is known about them here in the states. Barely recognized by a few kennels, not AKC.
    Males are even more aggressive and brave, but the mother was only doing the chasing because she just had cubs (I took 1).
    Out of the 4 pups, 2 male, they're going to be trouble makers as adults!

Your pooch probably could use some training,,,,even more than the average Dog. Regardless of what breed it is ALWAYS good to have/keep them socialized in order to reduce aggression!

I can see how they have less fear because they are wild.

Here is a link from the AKC. They seem to be recognized by them?

http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/jindo/

Here is a link from the AKC. They seem to be recognized by them?

http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/jindo/
    A must be recent!

My jindo from the late 90s was put down for being a wild dog.

Here's a pic of her mom after the coyote attacks.

And mom and pup

Is her paw the only injury?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast