What is considered good highend projected lux for cree XML2's

PMM

Newly Enlightened
I could not really find myself a reference point to judge my build by so wondered if anyone could point in right direction or give some idea's

I have measured 20.6K Lux at 5 meters which by my maths is 515K Lux at 1 Meter..... is that ok / good / excellent for a CREE XML build ?

Being honest I am not going for throw else i'd be using an XP-G but my build is erm different utilizing 9 * cree XML2 painfully placed in a 3x3 grid all direct to copper and individually wired... so this single LED test is just a fun what can I get but no plans to push it any further

Middle Led is de-domed and I am using also using a Wavien collar :) idea to boost all 9 LED's and yes I'll have what could be considered 9 projected hotspots but I am experimenting for fun and plan also exists to make air tight and flush with a protective atmosphere to protect that bare dedomed led.

Testing on a direct drive with a Ultrafire TR18650 at the moment.. unsure what output I am getting as need my other multimeter that is at work, got to go in Saturday so will know better Saturday evening so unsure if that is a good representation of output verse dedicated 6amp driver I plan to drive the middle led with and I would have thought some voltage sag on the battery limiting slightly.

Built a Mag build in past that only got to 60Klux at 1Mtr so as you can tell this build is a step up for me.

I am a long way from complete but will post a build log next year.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Member Vinh makes a K40vn that does about 400K lux with a single dedomed overdriven XML2 in a large reflector :)

At 5+ amps the dedomed XML2 can really throw for a large die emitter!

Even @~4amps in a SMO p60 reflector they do 20k

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The LED's size is limiting, as mentioned above, but you can dedome it, drive it really hard (~6-7 amps) use a wider/deeper reflector to catch the spill and/or aspherical lens to focus it.