Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight

Thread: Energizer 4AA With Big Reflector

Flashaholic

Default Energizer 4AA With Big Reflector

I have seen this Energizer which uses 4 AA and it has a big reflector. Has anyone tried it? I believe the bulb is a standard size which you can put a Mag 4 Cell Xenon bulb in it to make it brigher. Price wise, it's very cheap, about $15 at Walmart. Anyone tried this light and is it good? Here is the link to it.
    http://www.energizer.com/products/fl...cat=4&id=6

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Energizer 4AA With Big Reflector

I used to have that light. The beam is very narrow when in spotlight mode. When in lantern mode, it puts out a decent amount of light, but it really has a lot of "junk" in the beam. I replaced it with other various LED lights that do a better job at giving a good flood light. The spot seemed way too small to be practical, and wasn't really all that bright. A xenon bulb probably would help, but I gave mine away before trying it. My honest recommendation: Look around some more. You'll find a better light.

Flashaholic

Great, thanks for the info, I'll avoid that light.

Flashaholic

Calgary Guy,

Just a thought with what to do with the big ugly Energizer (if you already purchased it):

At home I have two bins in our bedroom walk-in closet; one for flashlights and one for a stash of batteries for power failures. Great place to retire those lights that don't quite fit to bill for more frequent use, or that get replaced by a better light.

Come to think of it, that bin of lights is growing more steadily since I joined CPF, I wonder why?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    Maybe because I retire more lights!

Being prepared is always a good thing.

Techmedic

Flashaholic

Techmedic, I put my spare batteries in the fridge, it prolong the storage life. The key rule is that if you drop the temperature by 10 degree Celsius (18 degree Fahrenheit), it takes double the time for chemical reaction to occur.