What are some good AAA lights

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a powerful light to throw on my keychain. Doesn't have to be terribly small. Durable, bright, and good runtime. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you asked for an AAA powered light but would you be open to other considerations? Why not the ArmyTek Predator?

IMG_2964_zpsbead1409.jpg

:p

All kidding aside I would also vote for the Olight i3S or Peak Eiger (though a bit more pricey). The 4Sevens ReVO is worth picking up if you can find one on the secondary market as well.

ven

Flashaholic
Another vote for the olight i3s,shove an eneloop in it ,need to sort the key chain out though as its made of chocolate........nearly lost it twice.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
If all you want is a small, bright thrower for your keychain in AAA: the Thrunite Ti "S" (or Tis) model.

ThruNite Tis 60 Lumens CREE XP-E R4 LED Flashlight

Reasonably durable, but I haven't abused mine particularly. Bright and great throw for what it is. Decent runtime - an hour, according to specs. And for $11 or so, it's cheap enough to buy and test out.

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

JKolmo

Enlightened
...and if you throw a 10440 in there it will get ridiculously bright too!

Last edited by a moderator:

BarryG

Enlightened
If the budget will allow it, don't forget the IlluminaTi! Similar to the i3s but available in Ti for under $50. Several years of service from mine, just keep the contacts clean.

Barry

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
image.jpg

DQG, P0, A0, Klarus MiX6 Ti, Nitecore T5S, Titanium Innovations Illumina TI (alum), I3s, Dereelight DA3, Maratac copper AAA (modded by Vinh to XP-G2 N), Lumintop copper Worm (modded with XP-G2 Warm), ThruNite TI2, Tank007 E09, LumaPower EDC LM21, Lumintop Tool AAA, Preon P1, Prometheus QR, MicroStream and Pelican 1910. Peak Eiger from Oveready on top. Tain Ottavino AAA on the bottom.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
image.jpg

DQG, P0, A0, Klarus MiX6 Ti, Nitecore T5S, Titanium Innovations Illumina TI (alum), I3s, Dereelight DA3, Maratac copper AAA (modded by Vinh to XP-G2 N), Lumintop copper Worm (modded with XP-G2 Warm), ThruNite TI2, Tank007 E09, LumaPower EDC LM21, Lumintop Tool AAA, Preon P1, Prometheus QR, MicroStream and Pelican 1910. Peak Eiger from Oveready on top. Tain Ottavino AAA on the bottom.

WOW what an awesome collection you have there:cool:
Can i ask which is you favourite and which is used the most?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love all my children. I recently started a thread using a picture with the DQG, PO and AO. The Tain is in my pocket. I like the Peak Eiger from Oveready. I like the AAA format.

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
image.jpg

Awesome collection. How do you like the lumapower lm21, I was considering that one as well

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight i3s and ARC AAA. The ARC is not the brightest or most powerful, but it is extremely dependable and durable. I really like it. As do I like the i3s. I also have a Fenix SS LD01, and a Thrunite Ti that I also like.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome collection. How do you like the lumapower lm21, I was considering that one as well

If you need a clicky, I prefer the Lumintop Tool or the Preon P1. But the LM21 is a forward clicky.
The i3s and Illumina Ti are very similar. At first I didn't like the i3s UI - M>H>L, but I am OK with it now. Good runtime and nice beam.
I like the PO, AO and DQG. Very small, the magnets are useful and the floody beams are good for close up work.
The Peak Eiger from Oveready is very solid. I also have a Nichia 219 mule head and generally run this on a 10180 SS body.
The Tain Ottavino is new and is really beautiful. The Ti machining of the knurling is great. The UI - tighten to off, loosen to L, keep loosening to H - is wonderful. 1 trit in the tail. Always in my pocket.

goofyman

Newly Enlightened
Hi, way not go back to the roots
Since X-Mas 2013 I got a MagLite Solitare LED AAA with 37 Lumens runtime 1h45min
And I really like that small Flashlight