Angryfox        
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930

Thread: AND THE OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER IS .....

Default Re: AND THE OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER IS .....

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Simon ...........? Is that you? Come closer so I can have a look at you. Why have you been gone so long?

~ CG

I don't feel comfortable getting any closer...

I've been hanging out on some EDC groups on facebook, got sick of the nonsense and the ads for $5 AliExpress lights that "Should be banned because they're military grade and too bright for normal people to own" being sold for $120

Pfffft, facebook, blech. This is your flashlight family right here. No Spam, yay! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post
    Most IT departments rule by FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doom)

This sounds like FUD to me.

With proper passwords (not words or random numbers, but phrases and sentences!), 2-stage authentication (which Facebook does offer, and EVERYONE should use it) and I'm assuming that your IT guys operate and maintain a decent firewall, and you have a good (read: not Norton, McAfee or Trend) AV app on your system, the odds of you coming a cropper are as minimal as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post
    I don't feel comfortable getting any closer...

I've been hanging out on some EDC groups on facebook, got sick of the nonsense and the ads for $5 AliExpress lights that "Should be banned because they're military grade and too bright for normal people to own" being sold for $120
    Facebook offers 2-stage authentication and $120 AlieExpress lights!!!

Welcome home, prodigal son.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Facebook offers 2-stage authentication and $120 AlieExpress lights!!!

Welcome home, prodigal son.

~ Chance
    I've just been reading back through that thread you quoted me from. All the stuff I said I used with no issues I've now quit. Not from any security issues, but just being sick of the crap. Glad to be free of it, though. Now I just waste my time on Reddit, and probably here - again.

In a post-Snowden world, 127.0.0.1's OP reads very differently than it did back then.

Also, I killed that thread
    Last edited by mvyrmnd; 02-27-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Default Isn't it a bummer. When you post something, and there is NO posts after your's?

Geez, made a post in two consecutive threads. Then nadh-dah, as in nothing! All went quiet! ... ... Like its's Christmas eve., or something.

Anonymous

Default Re: Isn't it a bummer. When you post something, and there is NO posts after your's?

Wouldn't it be funny if nobody replied here, too?

/ruined that.

Default Re: Isn't it a bummer. When you post something, and there is NO posts after your's?

Quote Originally Posted by AZPops View Post
    Geez, made a post in two consecutive threads. Then nadh-dah, as in nothing! All went quiet! ... ... Like its's Christmas eve., or something.

Anonymous
    Geez, Pops. It's as though you killed the two threads. How many times have you checked them since posting?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Party Re: Isn't it a bummer. When you post something, and there is NO posts after your's?

Long live SureFirefree upload pictures

You know the last one to make a post in a thread and no one relies after your post! .... Yup, sometimes I feel that I'm the "Thread Killer"!
    Er.aaa.uh uh. The above was your starting post to the thread killer thread. We can't start the same thread under a different name. They're merged.

Long live SueFire

​~ Chance

You guys are too funny! ... .... C.G., for one of the threads, it's been a while. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Er.aaa.uh uh. The above was your starting post to the thread killer thread. We can't start the same thread under a different name. They're merged.

Shucks! The older Empath gets, the sharper he gets. We can't get anything past that guy.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 05-09-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Wanted to write shucks, but didn't catch the auto correct till today.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post

Thanks! Wasn't sure if should have resurrected an old thread.

Pops

Long live SueFire

​~ Chance
    Long live Chance

Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Long live Chance

I agree, C.G.'s the MAN! ....

Pops

Obviously an excellent attempt at thread killin. I still don't know what an appropriate reply would be ....... without it being moderated. The Bern was in Seattle a while back. Some women took his stage and microphone away from him. Candy from a baby, I tell ya.

~ Chance

Pops
    Hi-ya, Pops. Long time no read. A bunch of us gave her a jump-start back in February.

Glad to see you on the screen. How's you pup?

~ Chance

Hi-ya, Pops. Long time no read. A bunch of us gave her a jump-start back in February.

Glad to see you on the screen. How's you pup?

~ Chance
    He's doing OK, thanks C.G.! Don't wanna jinx anything, but we're gonna be together 8 loooooooooooong years, come July. ..

The boy's getting up there in age though. Presently, he's taking enough pills, and vitamins a day. That'll give any senior citizen a run for their money. That's for certain. Here's a few photos;

Getting his weekly bath; ... Looking sad, and I'm doing ALL the work!

Styling in his hand knit organic (whatever that means) wool sweater;

His RuffWear rain jacket (for the monsoon season);

And his ankle braces, sheez; First one is a custom brace, made to his measurements. He like it, cause it makes him feel like Flash Gordon, with the wings on'um. Only problem is, there's only wings on one leg, so he runs is a big circle. .... ;

And Heaven forbid, an off the rack brace;

Lastly, to earn his keep. He's still getting used as a table, from time to time;

Yeah, Praise the Man Upstairs. He's hanging in there! He is getting really grey though, huh, C.G.?

Pops

BTW, sorry you asked? ...
    Last edited by AZPops; 03-27-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Pops

Well, not if the intention is to kill it. LOL !
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

He's doing OK, thanks C.G.! Don't wanna jinx anything, but we're gonna be together 8 loooooooooooong years, come July. ..

Yeah, Praise the Man Upstairs. He's hanging in there! He is getting really grey though, huh, C.G.?

Pops

BTW, sorry you asked? ...
    So happy to see you guys are still keeping company. That's a very styl-in sweater, by the way.

~ C.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Well, not if the intention is to kill it. LOL !

So happy to see you guys are still keeping company. That's a very styl-in sweater, by the way.

~ C.G.

Thanks, C.G.!

A new golden age of TV?

Go see the first episode of American Gods; a Neil Gaiman illustrated-graphic-esque tale screaming and exploding through your television..

then see the first episode of A Handmaid's Tale; horror isn't monsters or blood, it's reality..

Last edited by StarHalo; 05-02-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Honestly S.H., Reality is horrific enough without seeing a portrayal of it in film and TV.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

But this particular telling was published in forty countries and is considered part of the modern literary canon alongside 1984 and Brave New World

In that case, I might get the book. I generally hate seeing good books get butchered on screen.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    In that case, I might get the book. I generally hate seeing good books get butchered on screen.
    I watch tv with the subtitles turned on. worst of both worlds.

tab665,

Do you still own Epic Epicness? I'm still waiting for a picture of it next to a 6P for size comparison.

~ Chance

Photo Credit
    - Fred Pilon
    aka Photon Fanatic

Flashaholic*

i do. it shoots laser beams in my back yard. how about a size compairson with a 6P with an M2 head?

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    i do. it shoots laser beams in my back yard. how about a size compairson with a 6P with an M2 head?
    Yes, please.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    I watch tv with the subtitles turned on. worst of both worlds.

Only a tiny fraction of subtitled movies get it right. 99% of the time, if a character wears a white T-shirt, you're screwed. Grey box on the bottom with white text in it. How hard is that?! Apparently too hard!
    Last edited by Monocrom; 05-15-2017 at 06:57 AM.

+

114 Security & functionality Updates for XP yesterday.

...so much for a thread killer!! lol

btw, I have a Windows 10 setup & that's ?@!!ph^% laugh

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930