6 V Rechargeable Batteries for a 4-D Maglite using a Terralux TLE-310 Upgrade?

oddnet

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a 4-D Maglite that uses a Terralux 310 LED inside it. It is 1000 lumens and runs down normal D size batteries in about 2 hours. I was wondering if you guys know of any rechargeable D size batteries that are strong enough to run this LED upgrade?

The Terralux 310 requires at least 6 volts of power in order to be used. Regular D size batteries have 1.5 volts of power each which is enough to produce 6 volts inside a 4-D Maglite.

The problem that I am having is that all of the rechargeable D size batteries that I have seen only can produce up to 1.2 volts of power. That is only a total of 4.8 volts inside a 4-D Maglite which won't be enough to power the Terralux 310. Even the highest quality rechargeable D size batteries like "Powerex" can only produce up to 1.2 volts of power each.

How can I get at least 6 volts of power from rechargeable batteries inside a 4-D Maglite and make them fit?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Norm

Retired Administrator
:welcome:

Your duplicate thread has been deleted.

Your thread has been moved from Questions/Problems/Suggestions, This forum is for general forum issues only.

Norm

Fast LT1

Newly Enlightened
Simple, buy a 6d Maglite...... or better yet, get a streamlight sl-20 then put a terralux in it.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mentioned drop in is designed to work with four 1.2 volt batteries because alkalines drop to about 1.2 volt under load.

However, you can use 5 "C" cells inside 4D barrel using PVC tube and modify tail spring for good contact. You will get higher voltage with less run time.

My suggestion is to use pair of protected 18650 with PVC tube in 2D M*g. Maximum safe voltage, shorter and light weight body, less self discharge and good run time.

Vinniec5

Enlightened
I have the same setup in one of my older mags 4D I use 4 Tenergy NIMH rechargeable D cells with no problems for the last 2-3 years