Collection Spreadsheet?

The Burgh

Newly Enlightened
As you can see, I am new here and to the hobby. However, from past experience, I know that I'll quickly begin accumulating budget-to-mid flashlights, most of which have different/distinctive feature sets. Already have 10, and they are multiplying like rabbits (or CZ rifles).

Soooooooooooo, have any of you collectors developed a spreadsheet with pertinent colum headings? I know that everyone would choose their own categories for those headings, but some would seem necessary: Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number, # of Modes, Cost, Date Purchased, Vendor, etc..

If you have done so, are you willing to share the formatting?

Thanks, Folks! Glide Free!

luisma

Enlightened
I started as you with a few lights soon enough as was buying too many and from different places, to keep up I did create a spreadsheet now is to the point were I have two tabs on the spread sheet one of those lights that I am displaying on the shelves and the other those lights that I have put away for "my retirement years" where I hope those surefire lights will be worth a nice little fortune.
My spreadsheet format is very simple as you stated some are just standard stuff, model, manufacturer, description of the condition of the light, who and where I bought it from including email if possible, date of payment and date received and finally priced paid for the light. I also color code the more rare and expensive lights and low serial number lights, color to me is the easiest way to tell the NICE lights from the most common ones I have in my collection.
I have one more thing to add to the spreadsheet the total on how much you have spent on the collection, you will be very surprise how fast that total grows and grows.
Hope it helps.

Luis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD,

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of spreadsheets for various collections. Mostly the columns have manufacturer, style, size, color, serial number, quantity. I did not put any costs on the spreadsheets. With excel, you can total columns if necessary. The nice thing about a spreadsheet is that you can quickly see what you have, without going to the 'storage' to take them out - This makes life easy as you add to the collection to verify you don't get duplicates.