• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: K50vn

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
K50vn

Must Read & Agree Before Purchase: Click Here

Manufacture specs/details/photos : http://www.supbeam.com/en/supbeam-high-power-magnetic-control-led-flashlight-k50#.UtTiOrTWvQo

Noticed the K50vn spill is larger than the TN31vn Spill

Heavily Underexposed: Due to reflector angle the tint is better on the K50vn as compared to TN31vn

K50vn VS TN31vn
Yes the TN31vn is not obsolete. But it is also officially dethrone from the King of Reflector Thrower :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfPtOjbCLU&feature=youtu.be
K50vn Water Dunking Video

Every bit of extra heat sink helps ;-)

Testing details/impressions:

- Current set to about 6-7A for about 1800 LED Lumen
- Excellent Built Quality! Best Supbeam built quality I have seen to date.
- Beautiful Flawless Beam! Bright Corona helps support hot spot
- Due to ultra wide reflector we get an ultra wide spill. How awesome is that!! (At least for me anyways) ;-)
- XML2 6500K Dedome on copper with great mass for heat sinking
- Built in magnetic charger
- Takes 4*18650 (Make Sure You Have High Quality Matching 18650 Cells)

$235 Without box Shipped USA
$245 With box Shipped USA
$255 Without box International
$265 With box Shipped International

+ $5 for "V54" hand engraved on light
+$15 for XML2 PDTc or PDTn
+$45 for extra copper heat sink

If you want Shipping Insurance Please Ask

Email/Paypal: [email protected]

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: K50vn - Uh oh ;-)

I have a feeling the K40vn might be de-throne at least in term of performance...Price wise..K40vn will still hold its ground...We will see :)

ken123

Newly Enlightened

i'd been following your threads and was about ready to pull the trigger on the k40vn and now the k50 pops up lol. What lux are we expecting? 600-800k?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

i'd been following your threads and was about ready to pull the trigger on the k40vn and now the k50 pops up lol. What lux are we expecting? 600-800k?

The k40vn n k50vn won't overlap in many ways. I am sure u won't regret buying a k40vn.

Well well, looking forward to seeing the lux on this :D
Modded that is...... I wonder? 600 - 700 kcd?

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

I prefer the smaller size of the K40. The beam is narrow enough already. And I can hold the K40 with one hand and operate the ring. K50 is going to be a bit heavier too, with 4 batteries and built in charging.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

On an LED light, you need reflector bowl depth, not just diameter...so while a wider head will typically help, it won't help as much as it could if not also deeper, etc.

That makes the lights get pretty long sometimes.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

I always thought the k40 with external charging would be the ultimate light. This will be that with more throw in just a slightly bigger package! gonna crack my piggy bank open tonight!

stevo250

Newly Enlightened

On an LED light, you need reflector bowl depth, not just diameter...so while a wider head will typically help, it won't help as much as it could if not also deeper, etc.

That makes the lights get pretty long sometimes.

Do we know if the reflector in the k50 is also deeper?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

This definitely looks promising. I like the idea of not having to take out a battery carrier and , of course, the potential for more throw! It will be cool to see how your mods will affect this new beast once you get your hands on them.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

so Vinh, do you already have one to play with or are you just ordering some in hopes of a good candidate?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I didn't order some. I ordered 18 and prepaid to make sure I get them ASAP. I already know they will kick ***. :)

Of that 18 5 is already sold. I am confident in this light because I know I can push it 5.5-6.5A. With a much larger reflector I can't see how throw won't kickass. :)

I don't have high hope for the TK61 as I am 90% sure I can't push it real hard. May be 4.5-4.8A max. Plus I like the built in charger and the 6 mode control ring set up.

Last edited:

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

I didn't order some. I ordered 18 and prepaid to make sure I get them ASAP. I already know they will kick ***. :)
Awesome!!!!

Of that 18 5 is already sold. I am confident in this light because I know I can push it 5.5-6.5A. With a much larger reflector I can't see how throw won't kickass. :)

Any guess at throw on this monster? when can we send PP i see you already sold some?

I don't have high hope for the TK61 as I am 90% sure I can't push it real hard. May be 4.5-4.8A max. Plus I like the built in charger and the 6 mode control ring set up.

Great with me, I like this alot better than the tk61! built in charger + crazy throw + control ring !!!!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Any guess at throw on this monster? when can we send PP i see you already sold some?
- 600-800K Lux. Saying this based on knowing TN31vn does around 480K-530K otherwise it's a wild guess.
- The 5 I sold was to local customers who always buy my things sight unseen. It would be weird to sell a light here when I haven't even seen the light yet. LOL

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened

- 600-800K Lux. Saying this based on knowing TN31vn does around 480K-530K otherwise it's a wild guess.
- The 5 I sold was to local customers who always buy my things sight unseen. It would be weird to sell a light here when I haven't even seen the light yet. LOL

pm sent

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Many keep on asking me if I think this is a replacement for the K40vn.

No I do not think so. Here is the two most important reason

1) K40vn is least $50 cheaper
2) K40vn is smaller, lighter, and has more than enough practical throw for most if not all of the applications I know of.

I will continue to stock and sell the K40vn unless there is a cheaper light of similar or better quality and performance. The K40vn is a real special light especially for the price of $150 Shipped USA.