met up with PK at SHOT.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got to meet PK in person here we are at SHOT Show.

pk_and10.jpg

He gave me this little gem. Sucker is bright for a AAA. Titanium bezel.
pk_lig10.jpg

It has the PK logo on the back.
pk_lig11.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Tell us more about the light! Did he design it or is it just some promo swag?

sgt253

Enlightened
Don't be embarrassed, learning is perpetual. Paul Kim is the extremely talented (engineer, architect) man behind some of the best designed and engineered flashlights the world has ever seen. Formerly of Surefire, LLC. No longer affiliated with Surefire but has not stopped engineering and designing flashlights. I know someone will be right behind my post with more information than I know to "fill in the blanks" for you.

Regards.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't be embarrassed, learning is perpetual. Paul Kim is the extremely talented (engineer, architect) man behind some of the best designed and engineered flashlights the world has ever seen. Formerly of Surefire, LLC. No longer affiliated with Surefire but has not stopped engineering and designing flashlights. I know someone will be right behind my post with more information than I know to "fill in the blanks" for you.

Regards.

Paul Kim, who used to be VP of Engineering at Surefire. He's now doing his own thing :) http://www.pkdesignlab.com/

Nice, sounds like an awesome guy. Thanks!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really know that much about Mr. Kim personally, except that he was the chief designer during what I refer to as Surefire's "golden age", which includes the "empty bezel" versatility of the P/C/Z/G lines, as well as the E1E/E2E series; not to mention many other models. I'm referring mainly to the flashlights I own and am somewhat familiar with, though there are others here whom I'm sure are far more knowledgeable about his technical contributions. When Mr. Kim left, the body styling changed and the bezel versatility left, for the most part. He is the man. I would be thrilled to meet him in person, and I would shamelessly and slavishly garland him with verbal accolades.

carrot

Flashaholic
PK is pretty much the man who shaped flashlights as they are today. Every "tactical" flashlight ever made owes heritage to PK's designs. He worked at Surefire during their golden years. Every Surefire prior to the introduction of the 6PX is essentially his baby. Even modern Surefire lights have his fingerprints all over them, although his influence shines through less these days.

pk

Photon King
Thanks all.
I am pk and I am back to cpf after little:thinking: rest.
Hopefully can communicate more and introduce some prototypes in future.
Cheers,
pk

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all.
I am pk and I am back to cpf after little:thinking: rest.
Hopefully can communicate more and introduce some prototypes in future.
Cheers,
pk

:welcome: back! Great to know you're still around and flourishing.
Currently your showcased light on your website is absolutely astounding. Keep up the good work.