Maintaining your SureFire

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NyOil

Greetings:
I have been approached by Al Windler and many other Surefire owners to discuss the proper maintenance of your investment.

When Surefire manufactures a flashlight, they use only the best materials. Included in this process are lubricants. Surefire uses Nye lubricants when assemblying a flashlight. Nye Lubricants, Inc is the world leader in developing and manufacturing of specialty synthetic lubricants.

There are two specific lubricants that are used in your Surefire. Nyogel 779ZC is used on the O-Rings. Carefully apply a thin layer of 779ZC on your O-Rings. Be sure to wipe off any excess. With any lubricant, more is not better!
Nyogel 759G is being used on all aluminum and nitrolon (polymer) threads. Again, apply tiny amounts to the threads. After applying, screw together and apart a few times to work the lubricant in. The lube allows for a smooth easy rotation, but at the same time the tail caps stay in place.

Maintaining your Surefire in this manner will protect your investment for life.

Both lubricants come packaged in 50 gram hand held squeeze tubes (1.76 ounces) Each tube is $23.95. S & H is $4.95. We accept Visa or MasterCard or mail a check or money order made out to TAI Lubricants. There is no taxes. If you have any questions before ordering, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Tom Madden, President
TAI Lubricants
PO Box 1579
Hockessin, DE 19707
[email protected]
(302) 326-0200 phone
(302) 326-0400 fax

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nyoil:

Thanks for your post. If I may inquire, what exactly are the special benefits of those lubricants?

Thanks.

Pookee

Newly Enlightened
Just got off the phone with SureFire Tech Support.
They say to use Tetra White Grease.
I did a quick search and found Tetra for as low as $4.00 on the web.
The tech did say to use very little.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Glad I got mine from Jtivat...
grin.gif
icon14.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by B@rt:
Glad I got mine from Jtivat...
grin.gif
icon14.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's where I got mine too!!
grin.gif

But I think the cleaners made off with (or hid) most of my SureFire lights while I was away from home!
mad.gif
cussing.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Sorry NyOil, but I'm already foolish enough to pay more for a light than what it's worth in my several hundred dollars collection of SureFire lights. I'm certainly not about to get a part time job to be able to afford this "special" lubricant. My $3.00 tube of Radio Shack All Purpose Lube has been doing the trick for several years.

notos&w

Enlightened
that is some expensive oil. white grease, militec, remoil, 3in1 - used them all with no complaints.

what is it about this stuff that should make me want to pay $28.90 a tube?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should all be in a position where we could charge $25 a pop for some slippery goo in a small tube. I certainly wish I was (smile).

Until such time, I'll be forced to use my little $3 plastic tub of silicone grease from the local dive shop.

Thanks.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Lifetime warranty: "If it breaks, we fix it". If o-rings break, or the threads get worn off, etc. SF will replace it, so *cynically* why bother looking after it?
wink.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** Content removed by poster because after review this post was clearly inappropriate to this thread. If any offense was caused, I am sorry.***

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Opps, did any1 else get the personalised email from NyOil, or was I the only one who caused offence? At this stage I would like to apologise, I didn't mean to offend or insult. I'm sure it's a fine product, and I consider myself to be pretty meticulous in looking after things I own, but I still can't justify lube that costs a large percentage of the what a new SF light would cost.

Skyline

Enlightened
Originally posted by notos&w:
that is some expensive oil. white grease, militec, remoil, 3in1 - used them all with no complaints.

what is it about this stuff that should make me want to pay $28.90 a tube?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm!! I hadn't thought of using Militec-1. I've got a rather large bottle of that, plus a couple of small eye droppers for my knives.

I wonder if Militec-1 is good for the O-rings? I would love to be able to re-use this.. it's really good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.