Surefire G3 Incan bulb options?

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Are there any "options" for Incan bulbs on a G3?
I'd love to have a Bi pin option 9v or even 6v that I can run with two AA's.
There has to be something out there and I'd love help. Sorry if I'm confusing with "bi" pin what i mean is something like a P60 style drop in with replaceable Bi pin bulbs.
Also if nothing like that exsists is there a way to create such a drop in??

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any "options" for Incan bulbs on a G3?
I'd love to have a Bi pin option 9v or even 6v that I can run with two AA's.
There has to be something out there and I'd love help. Sorry if I'm confusing with "bi" pin what i mean is something like a P60 style drop in with replaceable Bi pin bulbs.
Also if nothing like that exsists is there a way to create such a drop in??

You missed the train.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?190833-FM-D26-Bi-Pin-socket-Reflector-Ready-to-ship&highlight=

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?219828-G4-D26-SUNLIGHT-for-urefire&highlight=

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Ok those are so sweet... If You had just made those I'd have bought four of them.
You have me wishing it was 2008 again haha.
Is there anything else that comes close to those? I doubt it but I thought its worth an ask.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Man after looking around I feel like I'm SOL I'd really love to have Incan capabilities for my G3 without dishing out a ton of money every time I need a bulb.. There has to be something out there or someone who can help me.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Lumens Factory makes "P60" (d26) compatible replacement bulbs ... but for bi-pin adapters, a WTB thread for rare and desirable fivemega parts is probably the best hope.

Last edited:

R.W.D.

Enlightened
P60? 9v p60's? I think the bulb for my G3 was P90/P91.
Do you know run times, lumen values, or prices off hand?

archimedes

Flashaholic
"P60" is a general term referring to the size & shape of the bulb/reflector assembly, and it is indeed named after the SureFire P60 lamp. Occasionally, these may be called "d26" instead, for the reflector diameter (in mm).

You are correct that the stock bulb for the G3 was the (9v) P90 lamp.

Lumens Factory makes a number of "P60/d26" (sized) lamps, including those designed to accept various voltages.

I would think that routine web searching methods would provide the more detailed information you seek ....

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's nothing wrong with the stock P90, in fact it's one of the best lamp assemblies ever made. And it runs as well off of two rechargeable cells as three primaries.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... I'd really love to have Incan capabilities for my G3 without dishing out a ton of money every time I need a bulb....

There's nothing wrong with the stock P90, in fact it's one of the best lamp assemblies ever made. And it runs as well off of two rechargeable cells as three primaries.

I agree .... I think that the OP was just looking for a lower "per bulb" cost option :shrug:

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Thanks for explaining the P60 deal I didn't know that. I do like the original lamps I just think per bulb the price is slightly high for what you get. They aren't exactly shock proof like an led and they have what seems like a short life. If I ever find the P91 lamps cheaper than normal I'd buy a lot of them.
I think ill check on the net some like you've suggested to see what I can find.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Why bother with an incan drop in when you can substitute a 3000 to 4000k led with almost the same color rendition? If warmer is your "thing" go with one that matches your desire for that beam color. You probably already know the benefits of power consumption of LED's Vs Incan's. I wouldn't waste my time with fragile filament bulbs when I can create the same color beam using an LED. Makes no sense to me. I keep the Incan's around for when I sell a light. Not for when I want to use them. YMMV but color is an easy issue to over come.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I take care of my gun knives lights compass's and they all look new too this day I'm sure ill have it all till my death and I think that when I become old it will be harder for me to get Incan bulbs to play with. I respect older ways and sometimes I just like to use Incan lights like I did when I was a little kid.
I know it sounds lame but sometimes I prefer older style items.
I still have my first flashlight from when I was three it's a fisher price shark that uses an Incan bulb and its nice as a AA Incan and I hope to give it to my son later when he will be old enough.

I love LEDs and have since I was little but there's something about the warm glow and the shape a filament gives off.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why bother with an incan drop in when you can substitute a 3000 to 4000k led with almost the same color rendition? If warmer is your "thing" go with one that matches your desire for that beam color. You probably already know the benefits of power consumption of LED's Vs Incan's. I wouldn't waste my time with fragile filament bulbs when I can create the same color beam using an LED. Makes no sense to me. I keep the Incan's around for when I sell a light. Not for when I want to use them. YMMV but color is an easy issue to over come.

This is not the LED forum and high cri low color temperature LEDs are not at all the same quality of light source as a xenon-halogen lamp assembly. I'm glad it makes no sense to you, because your post makes no sense to me either...

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just throwing this out there to you, but I purchased a Lumenfactory P60 LED replacement for mine a few years back. It is the closest thing that I could find to the true incan light. It is a 3 mode that runs from I think 3.6v to 13v's HCRI and has a regulated input. Obviously being an LED, it is much more durable than the true incan bulbs and provides longer run times. Just an idea for you to consider.

Model No.:D26-LED 3 Mode LED Module
Description:D26-LED High Output 3 Mode LED Reflector Module
Warm White: 90-CRI Version
(3.6V-13V Regulated Input, Constant Output)

-High Output Cree XP-G, Warm White 90-CRI LED (Max Output 350 Lumens)
-3.6V-13V Regulated Input for Maximum Flexibility
- 3 Mode (Low-Mid-High with Memory, 5%-30%-100%)
-Maximum Current Output at 1000mA
(Not Overdriven to Ensure Maximum Durablility and Reliability)
-Constant Output
-Warm White, Warm Colour Temperature (2600K-3200K)
-90-CRI, Ultra High Colour Rendition
-Unique Reflector Design
-Precision Machined Aluminum Reflector
-High Temperature Resistant Orange Peel Coating
-Every Reflector Module is Pre-Focused for the Ultimate Spot
-Compatible with all Flashlights with D26 Sized Reflector Modules

On edit, I found the link for you. www dot lumensfactory.com/online_shop_product.php?id=98&cid=2&sid=7&page=1

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I take care of my gun knives lights compass's and they all look new too this day I'm sure ill have it all till my death and I think that when I become old it will be harder for me to get Incan bulbs to play with. I respect older ways and sometimes I just like to use Incan lights like I did when I was a little kid.
I know it sounds lame but sometimes I prefer older style items.
I still have my first flashlight from when I was three it's a fisher price shark that uses an Incan bulb and its nice as a AA Incan and I hope to give it to my son later when he will be old enough.

I love LEDs and have since I was little but there's something about the warm glow and the shape a filament gives off.

I actually know what you mean about the "feel" or appearance of the filament type bulbs. And there are herds of others here on CPF that share your thoughts. I wont convert any of my A2 surefires to LED. Those are sacred. My others,........well been doing LED conversions to those where it was more about the challenge. Regarding a P60 incan like FM said there are some modules (by him) that were made to take Bi-Pin lamps. If you keep an eye open over at the CPF Market Place one will eventually show up. Ironicaly there was one just recently sold along with a light. IIRC it was a SolarForce host that came with one of FM drop in's.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast

Get out of here with your blasphemous LED lies!!!! :D

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I think I'm going to take the route of trying to create my own bi pin accepting P60 style drop in.
MISS don't think it will be to hard to make but finding a small xenon bulb may stop me from doing it. Anyone have a source for small xenon lamps??

Id like to buy an old A2 I just feel like ill hit the same wall of Incan lamp availability..

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
R.W.D.
When it comes to A2 bulb availability, Lumens Factory will probably be making replacement A2 lamps for a long time. As far as Fivemega's Streamlight strion bulb adapter; if you post a WTB, you may get lucky and have someone contact you. A strion bulb adapter sold on the marketplace this month, but it was gone pretty quick after it was listed.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Then I may go buy an A2 awesome.
I don't see that it will be to hard to make my own P60 drop in to accept Bi pins and I'd like to at least try not that it's in my head. I'm a radio broadcast engineer and i have experience with electrons repair modding and creating in a wide area. I claim to be pro at nothing but I'm good at a lot and I think I could do it as long as I have sources for parts and small bulbs are the only source I have left to find.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly off-thread, but if you do a search here in the forums for "A2", many informative threads will come up.