Surefire M2 just arrived

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened
Wow! The M2 is simply awesome! It looks good, its well made, and most importantly, its about 10x brighter than my MagLite 2AA.
shocked.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Congrats. The power and tiny size of Surfire lights cannot be comprehended by someone that does not have one. The E2e is smaller than half the size of the M2 and it's the same brightness!. And the M6 is much smaller than a 2D M*g and over 7 times brighter than the M2!

Is this your first SF Light?

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened
I certainly didn't know how bright the M2 is, even after seeing many beam photos.
Yup, this is my first SF light. The only other flashlight I have is the 2AA MagLite.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfman...you gotta get the M6 and the E series...and the L1 and A2...just to match your M2's HA-III!
grin.gif

fcadd7b5.jpg

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfman, You and I are on the same path... I bought an M2 for my first light, I tried to use it for EDC and found it is just slightly too large. I put the high output lamp in it and put it by my bed for emergencies. Now my EDC is an E2. I bought a MadMax mod for my mini-mag and pitched in my laptop bag for a multi-use light and now I've got my eye on an L1.

--oooh how I'd love to have an M6

kev1-1

Enlightened
A beamshaper clips to the front of the M2 and diffuses the light, into a more spread pattern for close up work...less of a hotspot!

SUREFARC

Enlightened
M2 is my EDC too. Large? who cares?!
grin.gif

Just got 2 SW02 rear caps from a friend. Cool!
Real tactical!

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened
M2 is just the right size, its definitely not too large.

I just tried shinning it at a tree about 100m away. Man, never thought a flashlight this small could actually illuminate it! I am using P60 at the moment, P61 seems to be an overkill, it mainly increases the area which I don't need. I am sure I'll find some use for it, but for now P60 is going to remain in the M2.