Wizard Pro Wide or Zebralight 602 Flood

run2bfit

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for helping.

I need a light for running in the dark on unlighted streets with about 2 hours of life. I don't want to blind oncoming traffic. Do you recommend the neutral version of the Wizard Pro Wide or the Zebra 602 Flood?

Thanks
Dave

d1337

Enlightened
They no longer are making the Wizard Pro Wide. So I would go Zebra.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I remember hearing a couple different people say that subjectively they did not see a difference between the wide and normal Wizard Pro headlamps. I can't remember where I saw that exactly, but the normal one certainly is not a thrower by any stretch of the imagination.

cyclesport

Enlightened
As a runner and cyclist myself I'd like to make a suggestion...perhaps you're accustomed to it, but the weight of a 18650 sized headlamp starts to get pretty heavy on the forehead after running awhile. You might want to look at a smaller AA/14500 or CR123/16340 light and use one of the lower settings to get the runtime you desire. I use the ZL H52w on the 108L mode and it's more than enough to see (and be seen with)...and I still have over 3 hours of light. Just an idea...

Jonnor

Newly Enlightened
I don't own the Wizard but I have the H602w. I use it for running at night around 1 hour each time. The weight is no problem, I barely notice the light at all.

My normal route is a mix of roads and trails and my experience with the H602w is great. I normally have it turned on M1 (65lm) when running along roads with some street lights, and the 330lm H2 on the trails with no other lights around. This is perfect and I really love the floody beam of the light. I have never missed a bump or hole in the road, and a little part of my route is also very steep and slippery.

I have however noticed that if I didn't know where the trail goes I would have needed a light with better throw if I needed to navigate, and for example light down the trail to se if I could find a path or something.