CR123A Primary Shelf Life?

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I can't seem to find any definitive answer to whether all CR123A primary batteries have a 10 years shelf life or not? My SF and Energizer are stamped with year and month, but on others like Titanium and Panasonic there is no date stamped.
I'm about to refill my stock of lithium cells, and want to know I have working cells a few years ahead.

I'm currently just looking for Energizers for my long term stock, and titanium for my immediate needs. Or does Titaniums also have a 10 year shelf life?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't seem to find any definitive answer to whether all CR123A primary batteries have a 10 years shelf life or not? My SF and Energizer are stamped with year and month, but on others like Titanium and Panasonic there is no date stamped.
I'm about to refill my stock of lithium cells, and want to know I have working cells a few years ahead.

I'm currently just looking for Energizers for my long term stock, and titanium for my immediate needs. Or does Titaniums also have a 10 year shelf life?

I think that the Panasonic sourced, USA made (Georgia) 123s have a 10 year shelf life. I would assume that the Sanyo (Japan) sourced 123s are the same.

With Chinese made stuff, all bets are off, would be the way I approach things.

Chris

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a bunch of Tenergy's from Fenix over the Holidays and they're all stamped. They're stamped 2017 (sigh), but they are stamped...

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I ordered a bunch of titaniums as well as some energizers, hopefully the titaniums will have a few years of shelf life at least! The only thing I have read are the voltage drop are <1% per year.

archimedes

Flashaholic
If individual cells are not labelled with production or expiration date(s), how do you know that you have received fresh stock ... :thinking:

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a bunch of titaniums as well as some energizers, hopefully the titaniums will have a few years of shelf life at least! The only thing I have read are the voltage drop are <1% per year.

I just ordered 50 Panasonic's off Ebay for $78 shipped. Seller lists them with a 09-2023 exp. date.

I was just reading that Panny makes Surefire's... It was an older article..anyone know if that is still true ?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered 50 Panasonic's off Ebay for $78 shipped. Seller lists them with a 09-2023 exp. date.

I was just reading that Panny makes Surefire's... It was an older article..anyone know if that is still true ?

Yeah, SureFire doesn't make batteries.

Panasonic USA: Panasonic, Duracell, Energizer, Streamlight (could be Sanyo Japan,) some Rayovacs, BatteryStation and Surefire.

Sanyo Japan: Sanyo, StreamLight (?)

You could have bought, I think it is, 50 BatteryStation cells for $65 bucks.

I've seen fake, or expired Duracells, so be careful with your vendors.

Chris

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. One of the other guys warned me about the fakes off Erape too. I'll check them out carefully. The Co. is out of Virginia with a 99.9% + feedback so fingers crossed..

I didn't know the BatteryStation batt's were Panny's either.. Interesting.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some 5.25 year old Tenergy [box of 50, blue label] and have decided to use them up [so I can add another 100 to the stash]
Using them in single cell applications, and the defect rate is less than 10% [I think it was 2 out of 25 so far]