New Eneloops from Amazon

Matt.m

Newly Enlightened
Just purchased some brand new Eneloops sold and shipped by Amazon. Problem is the package says 3rd gen 1800x. It's the retail packaging. But on the batteries they say HRUTG4A which would be the 2nd gen. Did amazon dupe me?

Etsu

Enlightened
I think the 3rd generation should have model numbers something like HR3UTGB/HR4UTGB. My 2nd gens say HR3UTGA and HR4UTGA. So, I'm not quite sure what yours are, unless you mixed up the position of the "4" in your model number. In any case, I think the 3rd gen are supposed to end in "B".

Matt.m

Newly Enlightened
Yeah sorry about that I did mix up the 4. Either way I ended up getting dupped and directly from amazon nonetheless.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is common with the Costco package deal. Packaging states 1800x an the batteries are stamped with 'A' suffix and not 'B.'

I go into my Costco and look, but the anal Japanese are so meticulous that they rotate the batteries before sealing the packaging, so that 'Eneloop' is facing outwards and I can't see the micro-stamped date code, lol!

Anyhow, I'm tracking a guy off of Ebay who somehow got a case(s) of Eneloop/Costco 'kits' and is selling the bare batteries, bare chargers and unsealed combos. He's reporting that the batteries are indeed 'B's and so they're the 1800x gen. 3s.

They are the light/dark blue wrappers.

So they're out there, correctly packaged, is my point.

Chris

CZ9mm

Newly Enlightened
This is common with the Costco package deal. Packaging states 1800x an the batteries are stamped with 'A' suffix and not 'B.'

I go into my Costco and look, but the anal Japanese are so meticulous that they rotate the batteries before sealing the packaging, so that 'Eneloop' is facing outwards and I can't see the micro-stamped date code, lol!

Anyhow, I'm tracking a guy off of Ebay who somehow got a case(s) of Eneloop/Costco 'kits' and is selling the bare batteries, bare chargers and unsealed combos. He's reporting that the batteries are indeed 'B's and so they're the 1800x gen. 3s.

They are the light/dark blue wrappers.

So they're out there, correctly packaged, is my point.

Chris

I myself just ordered the $17.99 4xAA Eneloop with white charger from Amazon. It's supposed to the the 1800x and 70% after 5 years. I'll chime in once I get them. What should I look for specifically? The model number tells all?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what you saw was that they can be charged up to 1800 times. Recharge up to 1800 times. So maybe you did not get duped. AAA's cannot go up to 1800 mAh anyway. Check again.

Matt.m

Newly Enlightened
I think what you saw was that they can be charged up to 1800 times. Recharge up to 1800 times. So maybe you did not get duped. AAA's cannot go up to 1800 mAh anyway. Check again.

The batteries in the pack are the 1500x recharge batteries. I was talking about how many times you can charge not mah

Matt.m

Newly Enlightened
No problem. Very frustrating that you can't just buy them and get what you were expecyinf

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is. I would email them back and let them know of your dissatisfaction. It is almost like false advertising.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an Amazon package today that included an 8 pack of AAs. The package states 3rd generation specs, but the cells are stamped as 2nd generation. :(

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an Amazon package today that included an 8 pack of AAs. The package states 3rd generation specs, but the cells are stamped as 2nd generation. :(

Here you go bro: 2100x Gen 4s in cool designer colors.

I've followed this seller for a few weeks and he's the man for the special Eneloop runs, but he's getting top dollar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Limited...US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item4acf6776fc

Things usually end up around ~$40+ per 8 pack, so I'm not prepared to pay double for 8 cells, even if I love the different wrappers and because they're 2100x Gen. 4s.

Some might pay the premium, so I'll let others decide for themselves, lol.

I'm really jonesing for the blue ones, myself, but even at $13/4 pack for Gen. 3s, I haven't pulled the trigger. I'm pretty good on NiMH cells and I'm not really using the ones that I have, so I'm holding off a bit.

I've got two sealed 2012 Glitter AA packs that are just sitting there staring me in the face, lol.

Chris

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's a lot of $$ for AA batts. I paid $20, with free shipping, so I'll just mark them as 2nd generation and use them in remotes and other pedestrian devices.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember reading on here that they were new 3rd generation batteries wrapped in older 2nd gen wrapping. But the cells are supposedly new 3rd gen. Something about the factory. ???

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
I have a bunch of Eneloops I recently purchased in the Costco package that I simply cannot read the stamps on... I have a loupe and can't read them..

It's like they weren't stamped hard enough... :banghead: