LED LENSER M3R

breinrules

Newly Enlightened
200 lumens, uses either aaa li ion or nimh battery, no magnetic charging (better water resistance ). Anyone who has first hand experience
on this? It is already available on our country ( philippines ) last december ( though cannot be sold yet until march ) . Is this officially
the brightest stock commercial aaa light? I know regulation is still questionable on their part but Im sure they keep improving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6khlqOs3i9g

Sivy

Newly Enlightened
The guy quite clearly says M3R but it looks like an M5 but with a pocket clip!

As you say Led Lenser "3" size use AAA but this looks "5" size which would be AA or 14500 if its li-ion.

Looking forward to this being listed on there wed site to find out more clearly what it is.

breinrules

Newly Enlightened
muhu9udu.jpg
tytu2uru.jpg
yte2aruj.jpg
2e8ymejy.jpg
asama8ag.jpg
nunada3a.jpg
the flashlight was quite large for an aaa light. The hot spot was a bit bigger compared to larger lensers. One good thing about this flashlight is it supports all types of aaa battery(except for lifepo4 maybe?) has a low battery indication. Bit on the high price 80$ direct from store. But has almost unlimited warranty. Overall a good flashlight, just hope no poofs :0 .

breinrules

Newly Enlightened
Haven't opened the light yet. But im sure it would either be xpe2 or xpg2 due to new led design.
It is brighter than my 5$ 18650 light which is about 200-300 lumens using an xpe

Last edited:

NeilP

Enlightened
I am thinking of getting one of these, and have a question.

The info page on the USA website shows it as having SLT basic mode lighting options. So this is three modes..Just fine, I would have ben happy without the strobe, high and low is all I need.

From the video demo I have seen it shows the LED Lenser USA person half pressing to scroll through the three modes: High / Low / Strobe. before doing a full click to keep it powered on in the mode selected.

I don't want to be flashing on High / Low then full click each time I want to get low mode. I want the low mode with a single press.

Does this lamp have a memory function , so it instantly starts at the last used setting, in my preference, low, on the first full press?

Thanks

LEDburn

Enlightened
No mode memory. On/off/on to change modes -> order is H>M>strobe.
Button is forward clicky so you are right in assuming you can *half press* -> *release* -> *click* to bring it on in low mode. Mode cycling not possible while on due to forward clicky.

You have about 2 second wait for light to reset back to high from high. eg light is on high; turn off and on again within 2 seconds and it will progress to low. Then you have about 4 second wait from off in low for it to reset back to high or will go to strobe. I would prefer strobe delay to be real short eg when in low, a real quick off then on required to get strobe. If you are in low and want high, you almost always get strobe as you rarely wait for 4 seconds for circuit to reset.

NeilP

Enlightened
Thanks for the info LEDburn. Not really what I wanted to hear though.

Now I have two thoughts regarding this. This is either a hidden undocumented programming mode you are unaware of, or the bloke at LED Lenser has made a mistake. Here is short excerpt from what he told me about the M3R

unknown at LED Lenser.via e-mail said:
The great thing at the LED Lenser "M" series is that you are able to change the order. So you can choose the low power setting to start with

I have one on order but I missed the Friday postage deadline so it won't go out till Monday now.

Trouble with all these lamps we all have to compromise it seems.
My main goal for one particular need is a very tight 3-5 degree spot at 30-40 ft MAX at high power with as little spill as possible, zooming to a very low 'moonlight' wide flood for close up work while seated
None of the Fenix range zoom from what I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

ludotw

Newly Enlightened
NeilP, I've just bought the M3R, there is no memory. The user manual is clear on that: clicking again (full click or soft touch) within 1 second from one mode will change to the next one, and waiting more than 1 second will switch back to full brightness.
I find the lamp to be poorly built, with a significant play in the focusing head, allowing single hand focus change could have been done without such a play. Besides this it is a good lamp for the size.

NeilP

Enlightened
Yes, I have mine too.

Also poor design of the on/off button and the holster it comes with.

More than once now I have found it powered on, in the holster , on my belt.

the $10 USD Coast HP1, outperformed it in every way. the coast has a much better wide zoom, probably at least twice if not three times the diameter of flood on full wide.

I also had an e-mail back from LED Lenser themselves informing gem that they had in fax mis informed me with regard to being able to swap between low on first rather than high on first. I bought it because they told me that it could be re programmed to allow low poet as the first "on' power level.

Based on my experience with this LED lenser and their customer service, although they are helpful, they are amazingly in informed.

breinrules

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I have mine too.

Also poor design of the on/off button and the holster it comes with.

More than once now I have found it powered on, in the holster , on my belt.

the $10 USD Coast HP1, outperformed it in every way. the coast has a much better wide zoom, probably at least twice if not three times the diameter of flood on full wide.

I also had an e-mail back from LED Lenser themselves informing gem that they had in fax mis informed me with regard to being able to swap between low on first rather than high on first. I bought it because they told me that it could be re programmed to allow low poet as the first "on' power level.

Based on my experience with this LED lenser and their customer service, although they are helpful, they are amazingly in informed.

m3r will never beat that hp1 due to size alone. That 10$ price though, better than poplite

led lenser online cs sucks sometimes, better ask authorized led lenser retailers, they know better ( I think )