room light isnt turn on

xx1onn

Newly Enlightened
I hope that this is the right place to write this issue
My room light has stopped working I don't know why
I already replaced the switch and still not working.
then I opened the lamp box and thats what I found:
1899978_10203273688431828_934579459_n.jpg

How can I detect the problem?

dml24

Newly Enlightened
Wish I could help you. But that is the most bizarre lamp box wiring I have ever seen!!
You need an electrician to figure that out.

What a mess.

inetdog

Enlightened
With three different brand/model drivers, it looks like a homebrew from leftover parts.
If it is fed from mains power I would not attempt to fix it while it is on the ceiling.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already replaced the switch
Why? Did you confirm it was broken? If not (read: you were just guessing), why replace the switch, why not any of the other 100 or so parts in above picture?

How can I detect the problem?
First, get a global view of what's what, and how parts are connected. By following the wiring, and reading the markings on those drivers.

Then: measure! Voltages, in particular. Currents, if necessary, and where possible without too much effort. Measurement results will tell you what goes in where, and where that electric power goes (and where it does not go ;) ).

And indeed - even for a homebrew that's a mess. :D

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. That looks like a mess of an LED array. Are those resistors I see in sleeves on some red wires?

My preference would be to unplug it (With the circuit breaker off) and push it out the door with a ten foot pole. But if I had to fix it, I would start by unplugging it (For easy disposal) and then identifying which driver(s) have quit, and then try to determine why. Once it's unplugged, you could carefully test the lamp(s) to see if they have failed.

Most lights that aren't filaments have electrical bits and lamp bits. With LED it's especially easy to test the lamp bits. Do those work?

skyled

Newly Enlightened
I agree with the others. Definitely have it redone. Some of the connections don't look safe