*** FENIX UC 40 UE *** Thoughts and Experiences

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Fenix UC40 UE and had a very funny experience. Once I received the package in the mail, I opened the package and immediately plugged the flashlight in to charge. I noticed that the tail light was green, which indicates that it is fully charged. I thought, "Great, I can use my light already." I tried to turn the light on only to find that it would not turn on. So I removed the ARB-L1T out and replaced it with an 18650 from another light. The UC 40 UE fired right up no problem. After inspecting the battery a bit I noticed that the black caps on each end come off. I re-inserted the battery and plugged in the UC 40 and it began to charge.

So, to all new users of the Fenix UC 40 UE. Remove the black caps off of the battery and save yourself some grief. Let it charge and enjoy your light.:duh2:

Spypro

Enlightened
Can't wait to know more. I'm looking for a new EDC, 18650 one. I'm torn between P12, SRT7, UC40 UE… lost my Quark 2AA XML in the snow somewhere around the house.

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
Under 'charging' section. 'Remove dust plug...'

Excellent. Guess I missed it. I actually noticed that same warning on the inside of the packaging a couple of days later. Thanks for the quick replies. Its a great light and I recommend it.

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to know more. I'm looking for a new EDC, 18650 one. I'm torn between P12, SRT7, UC40 UE… lost my Quark 2AA XML in the snow somewhere around the house.

So far so good on the UC 40 UE. Feels good in the hand and is extremely bright. I haven't tested the throw as of yet.

sampson2269

Newly Enlightened
Let me know what you guys think, I'll be more than likely replacing my mmr-x with the new ue. Also wondering how well they work with a diffuser.

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
Had a blackout last night and my trusty UC 40 UE was there to save the day. Enough of the theatrics for now, it performed very well and is very light. I took the opportunity to test the throw and it had no problem lighting up an area approximately 30 yards in diameter from 50 yards away. It does tail stand well to light up an entire living room if necessary. Overall, I was very pleased with the performance. It was there when I needed it and lit the room until FPL could get its stuff together.

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail today,
Charging now ,but it sure is BRIGHT , even in the daylight. Cant wait for nightfall.
Was thinking about getting a few of them for around the house and in the trucks but decided to wait for the 45 to come out.

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail today,
Charging now ,but it sure is BRIGHT , even in the daylight. Cant wait for nightfall.
Was thinking about getting a few of them for around the house and in the trucks but decided to wait for the 45 to come out.

The UC 45 looks to be a compelling product and I will be picking one up as well. Enjoy the UC 40 while we wait.

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
I just started playing with mine last night,
Being new to high end lights ,it is By far its the brightest light I have(for now)
it's a floody bright light,
I need to put some Brail marking under the on/off switch.
I wish the low was a bit lower
and I wish the strobe would stay on without holding the clicker
The main thing would be the brail markings
Other then that Im likeing it

Chris762

Newly Enlightened
Those dust caps are literally the cause of numerous returns and frustrations, especially dating back to the original built in rechargeable, the RC10.

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
Those dust caps are literally the cause of numerous returns and frustrations, especially dating back to the original built in rechargeable, the RC10.

LOL. They should be a bit clearer in the instructions on that. Being someone new to lights with a minimal background in electronics, dust caps can be daunting.

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
I dont understand ,why is that ? Do they break or something?

Mailman just came and dropped of a nitecore P12 (was hopeing it was the TK75vnkt:sigh:,)
Will compare the night shots with the UC40 in a couple hours ,I'm assuming from reading all the threads,it wont have as much flood (Thats good)
just shining it on the ceiling the hot spot is bigger on the UC40. The Uc40 is also a 1/4"maybe 3/8" taller
I do like the on off on the tail of the p12,and the mode button is easier to find in the dark
It comes with the clip and a holster(the holster also fits the UC40)

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
I dont understand ,why is that ? Do they break or something?

Mailman just came and dropped of a nitecore P12 (was hopeing it was the TK75vnkt:sigh:,)
Will compare the night shots with the UC40 in a couple hours ,I'm assuming from reading all the threads,it wont have as much flood (Thats good)
just shining it on the ceiling the hot spot is bigger on the UC40. The Uc40 is also a 1/4"maybe 3/8" taller
I do like the on off on the tail of the p12,and the mode button is easier to find in the dark
It comes with the clip and a holster(the holster also fits the UC40)

I will reply honestly to your question. Its because we are ignorant and we don't know to remove them before using the battery. Sorry if the truth hurts, but I did it as well.

BronzeLincolns

Newly Enlightened
So far so good on the UC 40 UE. Feels good in the hand and is extremely bright. I haven't tested the throw as of yet.
go with the UC40UE. i have the SRT7 and while it is a decently bright light the 960 lumen rating is false. i have a 310 lumen maglite and while its brighter than that light it certainly isnt 650 lumens brighter.

from the reviews i looked at the fenix pd35 rated at 860 lumens is gonna be brighter than the 960 lumen rated SRT7. still, the extra features are cool, like the adjustable ring, but if you want the brightest light definitely go with the UC40UE.