Did you know: flashlights are only good if you actually use them!!

wjv

Enlightened
So, my wife and my 14 year old daughter are out of town for the 3 day weekend, at a volleyball tournament that my daughters team is playing in.

A few hours after they get to Kent WA, my daughter texts me a message that says: "If you need to reach us, call my phone. Mom's phone is dead."

Later that night I get a call from my wife, using my daughters phone and get the full story.

They got to the motel after dark on Friday and checked into their room. Then they decided to go out to eat. While getting into the car my wife thought she heard something drop onto the ground, so she look around (remember it's dark out), didn't see anything, so they drove away. Later they get back and pull into the same parking space and there is her phone laying there. . . crushed. . . Apparently she ran over her own phone when they pulled out. . .

So I asked the stupid question. . . "when you thought you dropped something, why didn't you use your flashlight (ThruniteTis) to look to see what it was?"

Answer: "I left it in the hotel room." :banghead:

Then I asked "Why didn't you use your other flashlight (Sunwayman R01A) to look?

Answer: "I forgot it was in my purse." :banghead: :banghead:

Oh well. . . . At least it was only a $50 NET10 phone and not a $500 iPhone. . . .

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Tell me about it. Hate to say it but certain people will never use things because they either forget that they have been gifted something, or they are just too lazy to use it....There are other times when people are just neglectful of other things because they don't put any practical value on them...Most of the ladies I know are like that. Even if the males I know are neglectful, they will remember that they have the tool SOMEWHERE to use and actually look for it...

And you can only use them if they're readily available. I recently gifted a Four Sevens AA light to a guy that had done me a favor. I was showing him the low mode, explaining how handy it was to have for those midnight trips to the john. How it wouldn't wake his wife...when he interrupted, saying: "What do you mean? I'm not going to carry this with me all the time."

I purposely chose the single AA light so it would be convenient to carry. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

~ Chance

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one for the books, Chance.

Many people choose to drown in ignorance and folly. Others choose to die parched and desperately thirsting for wisdom and knowledge. Either way, it won't matter what they drink if they choose to drink of the wrong cup, if any at all.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beef is expensive in Europe and the cuts are different. Our favorite is cote de boef, which is basically a double or triple rib eye. My daughter and I like it very rare, my son likes it medium rare and my wife likes it medium. We have an agreement - cote de boef never goes in the oven. So tonight I get everything ready and start the fire. Just as I start cooking, I realize that I forgot a flashlight. I run inside, up to the bedroom to get a flashlight. Took 2 seconds and saved the day. I could see when the big, beautiful hunk of meat hit rare. Took it inside to cut a nice piece for me and my daughter. Back on the fire and sear the cut. Cook a little more and cut a piece for my son and then cook a little more for the bride. Without the flashlight, almost next to impossible to get it right.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beef is expensive in Europe and the cuts are different. Our favorite is cote de boef, which is basically a double or triple rib eye. My daughter and I like it very rare, my son likes it medium rare and my wife likes it medium. We have an agreement - cote de boef never goes in the oven. So tonight I get everything ready and start the fire. Just as I start cooking, I realize that I forgot a flashlight. I run inside, up to the bedroom to get a flashlight. Took 2 seconds and saved the day. I could see when the big, beautiful hunk of meat hit rare. Took it inside to cut a nice piece for me and my daughter. Back on the fire and sear the cut. Cook a little more and cut a piece for my son and then cook a little more for the bride. Without the flashlight, almost next to impossible to get it right.

A little high CRI might've helped too :D

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I left that detail out. Sundrop head, Nichia 219A LE and Moddoolar custom Ti E-series 18500 body. Hi CRI is a must for this critical application. That's why I had to run upstairs and not grab one of the lights by the front door.

Latest posts