Haven't received my order from Zebralight!? [Resolved]

Opara

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so hi to everybody. Read threw the forums numerous times, helped me a lot.

So I ordered two H600mkII headlamps (one 602) directly from zebralight website back in October last year (the lights were in stock) and have received the tracking number. After I noticed that the tracking shows my package constantly in Shanghai I wrote to zebralight to find out what was going on. I know the bad communication zebralight has, and after a while (long time) I received an answer that the shipment may take up to six weeks to arrive and that the package will arrive, but at the time of the answer 8 weeks have already past from my initial order. A lot of time later and after a lot of my mails I finally got the word from them to confirm my address for reshipment or to tell them if I would want a refund.
I still wanted the headlamps so I confirmed my address and asked them to tell me the new tracking number after they reship the package but never heard from them again. I tried everything, even calling them (from Europe) and I always get the answering machine suggesting me to contact them threw the website. Left a message on the voice mail, nothing.
It has now passed 4 months from my order and I ran out of ideas. What am I supposed to do? Did anybody here have the same problem?
Please, any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks

Last edited:

Erik1213

Enlightened
Re: Zebralight stole from me!?

Did ​you pay with paypal? You should dispute the payment if you did.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

At this point a dispute can only be made if payment was made with a credit card or possibly a debit card through a bank that still allows for a dispute with the amount of time that has passed. Paypal will only refund disputes made within 45 days of purchase if found in favor of the buyer. Passed the 45 days from date of purchase Paypal will still allow the buyer to log a dispute but it will be closed as soon as it is logged.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight stole from me!?

It has now passed 4 months from my order and I ran out of ideas. What am I supposed to do? Did anybody here have the same problem?

I think you might get a resolution soon now....Clicky

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened

This advice may come a bit late for you, but when in doubt, file a dispute with the payment processor. You can always drop a dispute if the company resolves the issue. This applies to both credit card companies and paypal, and I've been known to dispute with both. Additionally, if you get the payment processor involved sooner (i say 15 - 30 days is more than adequate for any company to respond), you have much more leverage in dealing with the company. An email from a customer is easily ignored, payment processors are not so easily ignored.

I've had disputes resolved and continued to do business with a company, this is part of the process. The lesson here is, protect yourself and don't feel bad for a company if they neglect to respond to you in a reasonable period of time. Its appropriate to give them the opportunity to respond, but if they pass that up, you have the right to take the appropriate action.

-- Adam

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

ZL at one time offered you a refund. Maybe you should now ask for a refund. When you get your money back, you could look at the situation, maybe try another brand, or perhaps decide to order a ZL from a stocking dealer, or take the plunge again with the ZL site. Demand a refund.

Opara

Newly Enlightened

It's not my first time ordering online. I know my rights and I know that now after it all played out the way it did it's easy to say that I should have opened the case with paypal inside 45 day deadline after payment, but I knew that zebralight can take up to 6 weeks to deliver orders, and regarded them as an honest firm. They do have a reputation with bad communication and bad customer support but I never thought they would just take my money and push me around like this.
As far as getting a refund, I might *** well ask the Santa clause for a refund when they in 4 months that this ordeal has been going on answered my mails twice. Once that I will get my order in 6 weeks, and once to confirm my shipping address for reshipment. And those two were 2 months apart.
You can't get them on the phone cause you just get their answering machine, they don't respond to contact forms on their website (which they advise you on the answering machine to use and that someone will answer in 24h, yeah right...)
What to do?
Is there some other way to get in touch with somebody in zebralight?
I would like to at least get the chance to make them listen to my opinion of them as a firm. And hear what do they have to say for themselves. I think I deserve that for 180$ they got from me...

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

As far as getting a refund, I might *** well ask the Santa clause for a refund...

I respectfully disagree. Use the contact email on their website. Give a link to this thread. Tell them you want your money back now.

Please understand that there are unscrupulous individuals who would deceptively speak ill of ZebraLight or any other company in a way like you have spoken. I BELIEVE YOU. Without some supporting information, Internet forums can be tricky places. Please keep us updated.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

This doesn't sound right. I've contacted Zebralight several times through their website contact forms, with very quick responses. One of those was at 10:30 pm on a Sunday night, and I got a response back at 2:30 am that morning, only 4 hours.

Obviously we don't know the particulars of your situation, where you live, where the package was shipped from and when, how you payed, etc, so it's difficult to offer any advice other than to continue with your e-mail requests to Zebralight and to whoever you used for payment.

I don't believe that Zebralight has stolen from you. At the worst, something has gone wrong with the shipping, which should be fairly easily identified through tracking. So, don't give up, simply be persistent with your e-mails until you are able to find out what happened.

And, when you do make contact, I would suggest that you request a refund rather than a reshipment. Good luck.

Craig K

Enlightened

That sounds frustrating man sorry to hear your story, hope you get your lights.

Opara

Newly Enlightened

If they contacted me and said anything, meteorite hit are warehouse, we're sorry, we will work it out. If they kept me informed, I would have never complained and patiently waited. The sad thing is I still would. But no, no answer whatsoever. I don't know whats going on, did they reship the package, will they ever...?
My intention is not to make bad rep for anybody and never was. I just want to know what's going on and I still want to get my headlamps. Obviously if that is out of the question (like it seems) than I would like to get my money back.
To make it clear, I have the old H600 (that I ordered way back threw ebay) and wanted to get one new for myself and one as a gift (sadly Christmas gift, and than decided for a birthday gift that passed now in February). So i do appreciate the quality of the product, but not the way they go on with their business.
I live in Croatia and I know that some of you will say that that's what happens when you deal with orders shipped from China but I ordered threw the zebralight website, that is an US dealership website, payed with paypal and quite frankly don't care where was (should have) the package shipped from.
I will give you all the data data needed for those of you interested, to see that I am being honest about the whole problem.
In the attachment you can see the conversation I had with them from their website. Notice the dates of their answers, and keep in mind that I ordered on the 30. October so if I seem a bit rude on some of my post it's because I was being frustrated by constantly checking their website everyday for answers, and everyday finding nothing.
On it you will see the tracking number, date of order, tracking website they provided, so just check it out if you feel interested in the whole thing.

[pic deleted]

Thanks for your help and support.

Last edited:

_UPz

Enlightened

I think you should mask or delete your personal adress from the image above :thinking:

markr6

Flashaholic

Mask yourself from the telephone book too then? jk

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've found from many years of buying mail order, and on-line ordering for over 10 years, that when problems occur (and they happen ALL the time), that the quickest resolutions come from thoughtful and persistent communication with the dealer. I've never had an unresolved issue. Some have taken months to resolve, but in the end, they are resolved.

It's been more than a month since your last communication with ZL. Contact them again, and do include your request that if the new package hasn't been shipped that you'd prefer a refund. If you don't receive an answer in 3 days, contact them again.

Also, even though it's outside of the 45 day PayPal time period, it can't hurt to communicate with them as well and ask for their assistance. They could possibly have avenues of contacting Zebralight that would prove more effective. I've always found PayPal to be an excellent resource for help in resolving issues.

Good luck, and do keep us informed.

Opara

Newly Enlightened

So I wrote to them again a week ago and still nothing. I don't believe that nobody is checking their mail over there, they must be intentionally ditching my mails. I do believe that they shipped the lights the first time, and shipping them again would just cost them 2 more lights free off charge. I guess they figure that I can't complain to them threw paypal and that they are free to take my money and reship nothing.
Very dissatisfying, lost my money and a lot more nerves...

bigb99

Newly Enlightened

Hey Opara, sorry to hear about your bad luck with Zebralight. I have had good luck going direct through the cc company, if that is how your paypal payment was made. I also think that you should contact paypal customer support to see if there is anything they can do for you, or at the very least report the issue, despite the 4 months passing.

Etsu

Enlightened

Have you contacted Paypal and asked them to refund your money? I know it's past the usual deadline, but given the long shipping times, plus the other events, I would hope Paypal would make an exception for you. It seems pretty clear at this point that you're not going to get satisfaction from Zebralight, so dealing with them any further is probably a waste of your time and sanity.

durallymax

Newly Enlightened

So I wrote to them again a week ago and still nothing. I don't believe that nobody is checking their mail over there, they must be intentionally ditching my mails. I do believe that they shipped the lights the first time, and shipping them again would just cost them 2 more lights free off charge. I guess they figure that I can't complain to them threw paypal and that they are free to take my money and reship nothing.
Very dissatisfying, lost my money and a lot more nerves...

I agree with the others about asking paypal for help possibly.

I would also send a link to this thread to Zebralight. Many companies could care less if joe blow is pissed, but if he's on the internet suddenly they resolve the issue quickly. Doesn't matter if its a couple hundred bucks for a light or a quarter million dollar piece of equipment, its worked for me before BUT you have to keep your story straight, and keep emotions out of it and never stretch the truth. Just from reading this thread it doesn't appear you have done any of those so I think a quick reminder to them that you do post in public places will get the issue resolved.