• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PDT – Premium Dedome Tint

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
PDT – Premium Dedome Tint

PDT = Premium Dedome Tint

This is a hand pick LED that dedome with the least amount of green, and yellow in the tint. Factory LEDs usually dedome with a green tint.

PDT ~ 5000-5500K Cooler neutral

Last edited:

jaycyu

Enlightened
Thank God for newletter or else I wouldn't know this.

Maybe you can organize the non-PDT LEDs and offer them as a discount, since like you say, people have different preferences.
I think it would go well with your budget dropin sales-thread.

stevo250

Newly Enlightened
This is awesome! Very good idea especially for some of us that can be picky on tint. Just another option to further customize our perfect flashlight :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thank God for newletter or else I wouldn't know this.

Maybe you can organize the non-PDT LEDs and offer them as a discount, since like you say, people have different preferences.
I think it would go well with your budget dropin sales-thread.

Non PDT LEDs will be set aside and not used on CPF projects. I am offering this PDT option for you guys. I don't make much if anything from it.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is very neat!

Speaking of "Non-PDT" (Vinhnguyen Select?) LEDs, I am curious to see what you do with them. Are you getting into home (Array-based) lighting where the individual LEDs SPD is less important?

Issue

Enlightened
PDT will only affect color temp, or can lux also be improved?

While we are on that, is it possible to pay extra to get a fiat lux version of a light?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This is very neat!

Speaking of "Non-PDT" (Vinhnguyen Select?) LEDs, I am curious to see what you do with them. Are you getting into home (Array-based) lighting where the individual LEDs SPD is less important?

I got a bin of crappy tint LEDs dome on and off. I got local buyers talking me into selling them cheap in bulk so he can do home lighting projects. I am still hesitating to let them go as I want to build a fun project with them also. Something with like 100 LEDs powered with a car battery so I can mount it to the top of my car LOL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
PDT will only affect color temp, or can lux also be improved?

While we are on that, is it possible to pay extra to get a fiat lux version of a light?

Only tint is affected. I do not expect lumen changes. Some of the lights you guys a order are actually Fiat Lux quality. I just don't name it so to give you guys a chance of having a extra nice light as normal prices.

I only draw one or two Fiat Lux from a bunch for fun sales

ven

Flashaholic
Fantastic innovation from a genius!! .............think that covers my thoughts :laughing:

Awesome vinh,fantastic idea ,4 thumbs up

:twothumbs:twothumbs

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Idea.

Also Glad you are keeping your signature and model designation the same as well. (vn at the end of the stock flashlight model and V54 as your signature)

In the month of May or so, I'll be looking to get one of these PDT's in a P60 dropin that throws, and am willing to pay additional for any special magic you can impart on it. The idea is for a secondary light that is used to see forest creatures not discern able with the primary, general purpose torch.

Thank You for bringing so much excitement to this passion of ours.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is really a great idea - gives us a chance to make an awesome light an ultimate light!