Redilast 3100mAh 3.7v 18650 0 volts?

apples

Newly Enlightened
Got a new Redilast 3100mAh 3.7v li-ion 18650 battery, well I got two of them when I purchased my new zebralight headlamp as a christmas present for myself just two months ago. This battery has had maybe 3 charges since owning them.

Was using the light today at work in the headlamp, and the boss said to me later on it's flat. Won't turn on. I said well it should step down from high down to medium not just stop cold turkey. So now at home I put the meter on it and I get 0v.

What is going on here?

Do I put it in my nitecore charger? Has the safety circuit in the battery died?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a new Redilast 3100mAh 3.7v li-ion 18650 battery, well I got two of them when I purchased my new zebralight headlamp as a christmas present for myself just two months ago. This battery has had maybe 3 charges since owning them.

Was using the light today at work in the headlamp, and the boss said to me later on it's flat. Won't turn on. I said well it should step down from high down to medium not just stop cold turkey. So now at home I put the meter on it and I get 0v.

What is going on here?

Do I put it in my nitecore charger? Has the safety circuit in the battery died?

Your PCB could be dead, or you probably just 'popped' the circuit breaker and your NiteCore charger isn't able to reset it and start charging it back up.

Find a good cell of equal voltage and place both nose to nose (+ to +,) then take a wire paper clip and connect the two negative terminals together with the wire and see if that resets the 0.0v cell. You can then try charging it up.

Have somebody help, or tape the cells to your kitchen counter, so they don't roll away from one another.

Chris

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I have the nitecore i4 v2 and i had an eagletac battery trip the protection i put it in the charger for 2 seconds and measured after that it was back to life.

apples

Newly Enlightened
Two identical threads merged - Norm
Something happened there Norm, I clicked to post the thread but it just took me to a blank page with a few connection error blah blah blahs. I am surprised it even got posted, I just came back on now to do it again.

apples

Newly Enlightened
No I have not put it back in the charger as yet, I wanted to see if it was safe to do that first. It is out in the backyard just in case it gets angry, rather it out there than in here.

I will put it back in the charger to see what happens.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Put it in for a few moments and then take a measurement. Don't leave a potentially overdischarged (sub-2.8V) cell in the charger for too long.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
when it is a protected cell and reads 0 volt,
then simply the protection circuit kicked in,
no chance of an overdischarged cell.

simply put it in charger and let charge