How can headlamps be improved

DAK

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering how Headlamps could be made better please tell me about your experiences.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CandlePowerForums!

Just wondering how Headlamps could be made better please tell me about your experiences.

The question you ask is hard to answer-- there are many ways automotive headlamps can be made better by the headlamp manufacturers/automakers (R&D, using better light sources, improving electrical systems); there are many ways factory headlamps can be made better by the car owner (selecting better bulbs, installing relays). You might want to browse some of the other threads here to learn about those things-- the answers may already be there.

If you have a specific question about a specific car and a specific problem you believe you are experiencing with its headlamps, ask that question!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the easiest answer (assuming you have an older vehicle) is to upgrade the lighting using a relay kit, or making your own. You're essentially replacing the thin, aged factory wiring with newer, thicker gauge conductors, and running 12V directly to the headlights via relay.

This is usually the most cost effective way to improve your headlamp brightness.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few automobile manufacturers who are developing directional LED lighting. They're using cameras to sense other cars on the road and actively don't shine light in those areas. All other areas are lit with high beam levels of output.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The question cannot be answered helpfully until we know what kind of vehicle you're working on.

Latest posts