Duracell Durabeam under-cabinet LED lights

N54

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a pack of Duracell under-cabinet LED Lights the other week from Costco. They have 3LED lights, run on 6 AA batteries, motion activated and have photosensors. They will light for 30sec after sensing motion then automatically shut off. I've been running eneloops in them and they produce a good amount of light. Much simpler solution than running new wiring for an additional light. It puts out so much light that it will trip the photosensor itself and the light will turn off after the 30sec. I've actually covered up the photosensor on one of the lights that's in a closet you could be in for more than 30sec.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you please take a peek in the battery compartment and see how this is wired up?

These might be worth modding with a DC power jack for a wallwart...

N54

Newly Enlightened
without opening it up more, the batteries are inserted in two rows of 3AA.

lolit

Newly Enlightened
I can tell you that they work on 4.5v 2 rows of 3 2aa batteries are wired parallel. You can also run it on just 3 batteries off either side. It has a small three wire connector going from the batteries to the board, one shared ground wire and two positives(one off each row) I am also trying to figure out how to wire these up with an AC adapter. Not sure on what mAh I need to connect three of these lights to one adapter I can switch. I can get pictures of anything needed on these lights if needed. I would just appreciate some shared knowledge so I can hook these up safe in my home without batteries. Also each light has 3 led and advertise 125 lumens per light I believe.