Replacement Light and Motion NiMH Batteries

lidas

Newly Enlightened
I have a video kit 21W HID light & motion sunray I want to change the batteries with lithium cells 18650 seconds I can do it
What should I watch

I would also like to do other battery packs but do not know where to find the connectors that are on the heads of the original parcel

help you know

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to use a similar voltage pack as the original.
Usually NiMh packs for 21w HID's are 10 cells in series or 12 volt nominal. 3 Li Ion cells in series will give you 11.1v nominal. This may be OK but you have issues if the HID ballast wants a higher input voltage or if there is a low volt cut out.

You will also require a protection board for the new pack.

hwdsndf

Newly Enlightened
Generally speaking, most HID ballasts are pretty forgiving about input voltage. Brightstar and WA ballast for one will have no trouble at all with the nominal output of 3S lithium ion battery packs (11.1 vdc)

Batterspace has a wide assortment of 11.1 Lithium ion packs with protective circuitry. Make absolutely sure you are using the correct charger for the battery chemistry you buy and abide all the safety precautions. I can't stress that enough, and I am sure everyone on the board will agree, DO NOT disrespect lithium ion cells.