Are LED's ready for prime time yet? home/residental replacement of incandecent bulbs?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
I replaced a porch light with a Fiet 4.8 watt standard socket base.
FIET BPA15/CL/M/LED
It is not on a dimmer.
It used to turn on pretty quickly, but now it takes minuets to turn on.
Is it broken? Normal? Defective? Should I get a different brand?

I am sorry - I don't know all the correct terminology, or even if I have articulated the question well enough for anyone to answer it.

Trevtrain

Enlightened
I've had issues with CFLs being unreliable but not LEDs.

Sometimes the CFLs don't turn on or they may come on minutes or hours later. It has happened on at least 4 bulbs after 6-12 months of intermittent use and well short of the quoted life expectacy.

My favourite experiment is a CFL in the bathroom which went on strike for 6 months but is now randomly working again. It's on the same switch as the exhaust fan so it always gets power. Prior to the bathroom it was fitted in the bedroom exhibiting similar behaviour so I know it isn't the socket.

i simply keep a torch in the shower in the evenings in case.

Sorry that this is probably not of much help to you. You have tried a different bulb to rule out the unlikely chance it might be the socket or wiring?

skyled

Newly Enlightened
I would return it or try to get it replaced through their warranty replacement policy. Taking any longer than a split second to turn on definitely means there is something wrong or defective.

Some LEDs have a slight delay from when you switch it on, (.5-1 sec) but never minutes.