• June 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
Seattle Area Get Together June 7, 2014

:welcome:

Flashlight Get Together on June 7 in Renton.

The Party Barn in Renton 20245 SE 192nd St, Renton Washington

Starting anytime after 6pm.

Mike and Julie will be there with a lot of lights and good discounts.

Potluck is planned for around 7.

Bring your lights to show off and trade or sell. :thumbsup:

There should be some awesome lights to be shown off, including a new searchlight by LightSward!

Everyone is invited.

Open carry is allowed, so no alcohol please.

Last edited:

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
Parts for the Deathray are waiting at a shipping terminal in Kent :whistle:
Pretty certain I can make it out this time! Either date is good here as well.

That is......if the important components are a good match.

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
We are planning this far enough out that i'll be able to go to either date. hoping we meet at either magnuson park or the party barn, driving to olympia sounded like it didn't work out as well last time. So count me in. finally i'll get to show off my finished jeep, even though it's now rusting in places lol. at least it has lots of lights.

also, poll got closed?

Last edited:

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
I can't edit the poll now.
Put your input in a reply and I will track it.

The get together will be at the party barn in Renton.

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
either date works for me. although if i had my pick, i'd say june, as may will be a busy month for me. thx.

Last edited:

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Talked to Mike. We are going with June 7th.

Let's get the word out.

More details later.

Awesome. I'm in. do we need to talk about menu? people bring what food n the like?

I posted and linked to this thread here in the other two threads from last year. here's hoping for a big turn out, cause i've not been in a long time.

-PW

Last edited:

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully I can make it. I may be showing my latest Searchlight, the "World's Biggest Single bulb Searchlight", also known as the '''Lord of Lights'''' to potential clients in Detroit. Could be a big market and ideal manufacturing climate. If I can make it I'll bring both a 1,200 watt and 4,000 watt HMI version. I will still need help with electricity: 1,500 watt 120 vac or 6,000 watt 220 volt Dryer or electric range type amperage should suffice for extra capacity during start-up.

oldkim

Newly Enlightened
So spreading the word....

I Posted on WaGuns www.WaGuns.org http://vps.rmcgirr83.org/~waguns/search.php?search_id=newposts&sid=4a4b2b43583a4fbb3c81db450d3ccd23
and SGN Seattle Guns http://seattleguns.net/showthread.p...nton-on-Sat-June-7-2014&p=1279772#post1279772

If I can make it I'll see. I don't have my work schedule for June yet.

I did include a suggestion to those attending from WaGuns and SGN to bring food to share (potluck) and not to remove firearms from holsters (since these are firearm sites).

Last edited:

sabasarge

Newly Enlightened
I've got a reserve deployment in May, but insh'allah I can make the June date. :D

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got it in my calendar, I'll hopefully make it. I haven't been out to one in awhile.

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully I can make it. I may be showing my latest Searchlight, the "World's Biggest Single bulb Searchlight", also known as the '''Lord of Lights'''' to potential clients in Detroit. Could be a big market and ideal manufacturing climate. If I can make it I'll bring both a 1,200 watt and 4,000 watt HMI version. I will still need help with electricity: 1,500 watt 120 vac or 6,000 watt 220 volt Dryer or electric range type amperage should suffice for extra capacity during start-up.

i have access to a generator that i can bring. will that be sufficient?
http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu3000is

-PW

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have access to a generator that i can bring. will that be sufficient?
http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu3000is

-PW

I want to bring the big 180 pound 4kw ballast, should look a lot like the big 60 inch WWII Sperry/ GE searchlights at 360,000 lumen. My ballast draws 4,400 watts minimum plus start up, etc., so I was figuring a 6,000 watt generator for margin. Link makes it look like two of those 3kw generators can be paralleled to get the required 6kw. I'm rigging it to run on 220, easy to plug into stove/range/oven /clothes dryer outlets. Can change it to 120vac with notice. I can also just bring the 1,200 watt version, but thought it would be fun to see the big one!
(Only if generator is an issue, does anyone know if barn has a 30 amp 220 volt range plug available..?)

Last week I assembled the then completed basic three quarters. Forth about off the press and ready for reflective coating. Third quarter reflector is receiving it's reflective coating as I type this.
1606855_10201844394046674_4780572722633864526_n.jpg

c:D

:caution:Hopefully I can get all this in my car without a luggage rack on top...?:eek:

Last edited:

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Link makes it look like two of those 3kw generators can be paralleled to get the required 6kw. I'm rigging it to run on 220, easy to plug into stove/range/oven /clothes dryer outlets. Can change it to 120vac with notice. I can also just bring the 1,200 watt version, but thought it would be fun to see the big one!
(Only if generator is an issue, does anyone know if barn has a 30 amp 220 volt range plug available..?)

With another eu3000is, yes, it can be paired together, however it would still only be 120v. and it doesn't have a range/oven/stove/dryer plug on it. it does have a 30A 120v Locking plug. as far as the barn having a 30A 220v plug available, i wouldn't know.
I want to see the big one too, so i hope it can work!

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
With another eu3000is, yes, it can be paired together, however it would still only be 120v. and it doesn't have a range/oven/stove/dryer plug on it. it does have a 30A 120v Locking plug. as far as the barn having a 30A 220v plug available, i wouldn't know.
I want to see the big one too, so i hope it can work!

120 would be fine, the Ballast is wired for that now. I can wire a set of 120 vac 30 amp locking plugs, (send picture of plug please), that would allow the ballast to run on that, (I may make a quick change capability into it). It's probably best to use generators so we can set up further from barn. So either 60 amps at 120 volts or 30 amps 220, ballast will work.

Thanks for helping me with the power.

:eek:Here is a quick look at the first initial set up of the huge "World's Biggest Searchlight" in my living room.:eek::D
10170962_10201878282973876_5682953003652182723_n.jpg

Lots of detailing and aligning. Eventually the panels, (8 in some), will be hinged and able to move independently to create multiple beams from the single beam.