KeepPower 18650's do they use Panasonic Cells

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
I recently bought 2x18650 Keep Power batteries off Ebay Aust and they claim that they are Panasonic Cell batteries, is this true.

Also is KeepPower a decent and good quality battery.

Thanks

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chris

Let me add that Keeppower also uses the very good Sanyo cells, for certain types, like their 14500s, so I should have qualified that.

2900mAh, 3100mAh, 3400mAh and for a brief run 3600mAh (or maybe that was Orbtronic?) 18650s are most probably Panasonic cells.

KP is good stuff.

Chris

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
they use Samsung too, but yeah if they're saying it's a Panasonic based Keeppower cell then I wouldn't doubt it

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Let me add that Keeppower also uses the very good Sanyo cells, for certain types, like their 14500s, so I should have qualified that.

2900mAh, 3100mAh, 3400mAh and for a brief run 3600mAh (or maybe that was Orbtronic?) 18650s are most probably Panasonic cells.

KP is good stuff.

Chris

The 3600s were by both keeppower and orbatronic, and as I understand it orbarontic just rebadge (Or re label lol) KeepPower batterys that are of course just pano cells with protection.

Also 3600s are going be thin on the ground for a while, untill pano makes a new production run, but they have there hands full with Multi Billion cell deal for some 80000? Electric cars, so I would not hope to see any 3600s a anytime soon, and on top of that even the 3400 might get pricery since demand will outstirp surrply as pano are so busy, I dont think they will be able to keep up, I heard some roumor on here or some were that they are haveing to build a new factory???? just to furfill the order, and dont forget with elctric cars getting more and more popular more car companys will start wanting to make elecrtic cars, so you can be sure pano will have a lot to be getting on with for a long time haha.

BTW my facts may not be 100% correct....mainly just what I have been told so take it with a pinch of salt...XD. But I can belive it....thats a lot of batterys XD!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3600s were by both keeppower and orbatronic, and as I understand it orbarontic just rebadge (Or re label lol) KeepPower batterys that are of course just pano cells with protection.

Also 3600s are going be thin on the ground for a while, untill pano makes a new production run, but they have there hands full with Multi Billion cell deal for some 80000? Electric cars, so I would not hope to see any 3600s a anytime soon, and on top of that even the 3400 might get pricery since demand will outstirp surrply as pano are so busy, I dont think they will be able to keep up, I heard some roumor on here or some were that they are haveing to build a new factory???? just to furfill the order, and dont forget with elctric cars getting more and more popular more car companys will start wanting to make elecrtic cars, so you can be sure pano will have a lot to be getting on with for a long time haha.

BTW my facts may not be 100% correct....mainly just what I have been told so take it with a pinch of salt...XD. But I can belive it....thats a lot of batterys XD!

Ha! You can keep your 4.2v cells, be they 3600mAh, or 3400mAh.

All the cool kids have moved on to 4.35v cells.

Chris

ven

Flashaholic
What's the secret password?

We don't let just anybody into the 'cool kids' club, you know.

Chris

Can i ask a little off topic question please Chris?
If i buy 4x 4.35v cells,are they generally ok to use in lights like the tk75 and other 18650 lights that feed on 4.2v cells.I know i would need another charger (xtar) but will the 0.15v make that much difference in reality,also run times along with any other benefit over 4.2v as i am a little unsure right now....

Thank you :thumbsup:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i buy 4x 4.35v cells,are they generally ok to use in lights like the tk75 and other 18650 lights that feed on 4.2v cells.I know i would need another charger (xtar) but will the 0.15v make that much difference in reality,also run times along with any other benefit over 4.2v as i am a little unsure right now....

I think that I might have seen some with PCBs, but for the most part, they're coming unprotected.

I bought a couple of LG ICR18650 E1 3200mAh 4.35v cells from my VP2 guy and a couple of LG ICR18650 3000mAh D1s from FastTech (genuine ones, lol) when I bought my Convoy lights last month. All are unprotected, so in a multi-cell light, you...as they say...takes your chances!

According to HKJ's testing of the D1 3000mAh cells (LG pinks,) when charged up to 4.35v on a hobby charger, or the new Xtar SP1, or VP2, they hold a higher voltage under typical loads, than the Pannie 3400s, as far as I can tell.

At about $7 per cell, I threw the dice, but I only use them in single cell lights.

Chris

ven

Flashaholic
Many thanks Chris for reply:thumbsup: just gaining an understanding,so really more beneficial in a modded single cell light then(keeping it simple)

Generally speaking in say a p25 or tk22 it wont make a huge difference

I have ordered some pany unprotected cells for the tk61vn,guess i take my chances :laughing:

With light regulated i should be ok i hope,however i can always swap them with my xtars or sanyo protected,for example my tm15 as all face same way,fenix have cells facing both ways(getting technical there sorry as not well up on series or parallel due to the light head configuration on fenix tk75 and tm15 as cell set ups are different,but the heads could be wired differently(drivers)

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

Electric Eel???

Anyways, fro reading the above, you need a new charger, but assuming you have a 4.35 charger what are the pros to these then?

Seeing as the linked battery are not any higher capacity is it just the better voltage under load? And wont the added voltage be bad in some lights, aka over the design limits / voltage range?

P.s did I not here some roumoers about a 4000Mah cell or did I miss read something somewere?

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
But my cells have written on them 3.6v and not 3.7v suppose really it won't make a difference.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many thanks Chris for reply:thumbsup: just gaining an understanding,so really more beneficial in a modded single cell light then(keeping it simple)

Generally speaking in say a p25 or tk22 it wont make a huge difference

I have ordered some pany unprotected cells for the tk61vn,guess i take my chances :laughing:

With light regulated i should be ok i hope,however i can always swap them with my xtars or sanyo protected,for example my tm15 as all face same way,fenix have cells facing both ways(getting technical there sorry as not well up on series or parallel due to the light head configuration on fenix tk75 and tm15 as cell set ups are different,but the heads could be wired differently(drivers)

When I revamped my NiMH stable back in January of 2012 and started reading up on li-ion cells, I swore that enough was enough, lol.

4 months later, Satan got his claws into me.

4.35v cells won't blow up lights meant to run on 4.20v cells, as the difference is within 'seemingly' most parameters. I obviously can't say for sure, but I run the 4.35v cells in my ZL SC-600 and three Convoy lights that are much like the ZL, 4.2v lights only, not 6.0v, or 8.4v.

HKJ hasn't tested the LG 3200mAh E1s yet, but for the price AND given the fact that I'll be running them in a single cell light AND AND I'm not an autistic person, who has no clue how this stuff works, then I should be fine.

Anyhow, I'm going to give you a free pass to the 'cool kids' club,' cause I enjoy reading your posts.

Let me know where to send it, lol.

Chris