Airsoft Spring Pistol Help

Eric_M

Enlightened
I want to get my Brother-in-Laws a couple of Airsoft Spring pistols. Could someone who knows look at the different Sig 226 models and let me know which ones are better overall.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/spring.htm

There are a couple of different brands with different specs and being new to these I'm not sure which one to go with.

Thanks for any help,

Eric

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Hmm. The only two 226s I see are KWC guns with Trademarks.

I have a light weight 226 I got at Academy. It shoots quite hard, and is accurate out to at least 21 feet indoors. I think the heavy weight model uses the same magazine type which is kinda funky and holds 12 rounds. I was able to add nearly 2oz. to the light weight.

Not shooting quite as hard, but holding 20+ shots is the 228 directly under it.

I have an older UHC Sig 228 (no trades and rather shiny plastic) and a new Cybergun/UHC 228 with a nice finish and trades!

The Light weight 226 and the somewhat heavier 228 are available at Academy Sports and other sporting goods stores at $19.99 and $17.99 respectively.

I feel the the 228 feels slightly better and looks better.

I have shot several of my guns approx. 50 feet outdoors. Only 1 of several I tried was aimpoint accurate. That is a Marui S&W PC356 I got recently for $34.00 delivered. With .25g BBs it goes right where I want it to!

The 226 hits 1.5 to 2 feet low at that distance, but still pretty tight. At that distance the 228s both curve down and left (at least in the wind that day. All 3 of these guns were shooting .20g.

The 226 is a decent pistol. You could do a LOT worse!

Another VERY highly regarded gun on that page is the KWC K99 at the bottom. P99s have a most amazing feel to them.

Clear as mud isn't it? Had I gotten a Marui High Grade Hop Up pistol a long time ago, I might not have so many now!!!

But the wisdom says, if you can't afford Marui, get KWC. And the 3 I own tell me that is correct.

Hope it helps!

Eric_M

Enlightened
Clear as mud.

So, KWC and Cybergun are the same?

Thanks for all the info Joe.

Eric

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
KWC and UHC are both Taiwanese makers of Airsoft guns. Cybergun is the former 3PSA which is a marketer (who made the deal to allow trademarks). Trademarks, even hokey cobbed up ones like the HFC guns I have (I recommend staying FAR away from HFC!) are cooler by far than no trades at all (like a UHC that isn't Cybergun). But that's not the whole story either!

The gun most recommended by airsoftretreat.com for newbies is the UHC M9 Heavy (Beretta 92F). It has some stuff on it. And the UHC CZ75 I have, older model I think has 'model 75 cal. 9para' on the slide.

The CZ75 is said to be fragile, and at least in my case, the M9 IS fragile.

At Academy the 226 is Cybergun/KWC and the 228 is Cybergun/UHC.

The 226s at Atlanta are heavy models of the same Cybergun/KWC. The 228 at Atlanta is a non trademark version of the C/U 228 at Academy, same weight even.

The 226 and the K99 I mentioned will both shoot much harder and possibly more accurate than the 228. The only trade-off is they each hold 13 or 14 max, while the 228 holds around 24. The KWC mags CAN be easier and faster to load, but in my experience have a habit of spewing BBs if not careful. The UHC mags load one at a time like a real steel gun.

If it is to have outdoor battles, the KWCs probably rule. If they are just for plinking, the UHC would likely do fine.

That said... if you want a DEADLY accurate Airsoft Pistol, a third generation Marui, either 1911A1, MK23 Socom, or S&W PC356 are the gun for you. I got lucky and got my PC356 for very little more than a lesser gun shipped. If you look around you might get luck. I found mine at newworldwarehouse.com

Good luck! Christmas is getting close!