Innovative Philips SlimStyle LED bulb sphere test

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I saw this funny looking flat bulb and wanted to see how it did in the sphere so here are the numbers.

At steady state it produced 893.6lm at 2762K with 81.9 CRI, measuring 11w with a power factor of .89. Not too bad for a bulb that says it does 800lm :)

screen grab

Last edited:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for getting this data!

There was a thread on this bulb...somewhere. Maybe this can be linked or added to it?
I did a quick check on the availability of the bulb, and it looks like Home Depot has it for roughly $10. It seems like a decent product, although... I thought the earlier thread was casting some doubts on it... I should look it up.

Regarding the graph that you have displayed, is there a web site or other material that explains how to interpret it? I know that similar graphs are in LED datasheets, but never knew what to do with it. thanks!

foxtrot824

Enlightened
MichaelW- I measured about 80c at the hottest point on the bulb, toasty for my liking.

Steve_K- This was a Home Depot find indeed :) The picture I posted is just of the color coordinates that the spectrometer generates, it is a more accurate CCT measurement.

Canuke

Enlightened
Here's the other thread. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...lips-announces-a-new-but-strange-looking-bulb

There's a deal going on for these on the deal sites. The reviews at the big orange hardware store's website indicate that these have an issue with humming/buzzing, often (but not always) on dimmers, but otherwise have good tint (just on the pink side of Planck, as we see above, seems to be the best bet.)

Last edited: