Pocket/EDC light

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
Appreciate any opinions. My daytime/work light is the olight i2, because it's small.
when I get home, I switch to the quark aa2x (or whatever it's called)
i LOVE the beam/color/power of my fenix pd32ue, but 1) doesn't have moonlight and 2) it doesn't have a deep carry type clip. (And not terribly crazy about the side switch)

so I carry my quark for the moonlight and clip, but it's not *quite* bright enough and it's kinda that angry green tint...

So are there any 1 18650 lights with at least 400-500 fairly floody lumens, deep carry clip, and moonlight, that's a solid brand like fenix, eagletac, etc etc?

alternatively, I *could* drop down to a AA Light but don't want to mess with cr123s or that size.

This is for indoors, so floody is best. Have the jetbeam sra40 for outdoors which is working great for me right now...

Truly do appreciate any suggestions! Oh and price is no issue. Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Edit it to add that I realize a pocket Aa light at 400-500 lumens is going to mean 14500s, and I'm ok with that...would just prefer 18650 size light for heat issues/bigger body.
id like something that did that amount of lumens for more than just a few minutes and didn't scorch my hand! :)

Last edited:

MBentz

Enlightened
I don't personally have one, but if I was looking for a 1x 18650 light for EDC, I'd take a serious look at the Zebra Light SC600w Mk II.

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
The ZL is a thought, thanks...only thing it doesn't have is deep carry clip, I don't think...could be wrong though...

MBentz

Enlightened
The ZL is a thought, thanks...only thing it doesn't have is deep carry clip, I don't think...could be wrong though...

How deep do you want? looking at the picture of it, it seems fairly deep to me. Looks to me that only ~1/2 inch will stick out.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MD2 with 361 and Hi-Lo switch would give you this in a beast of a light all the way around.

I also like the ET 123x2 that takes 18650s but I dont know the model number off hand. The ET can be had with different tints too but is not as rugged as the Malkoff or as Deep Carry but a nice light nonetheless.

MBentz

Enlightened
I didn't see it before, but if you're willing to do 14500 batteries, take a look at the Sunwayman V11R with the extender. If I carry a light on my person it's the V11R.

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... I like the v11r...sunwayman quality is good? Have not researched them much...

Poppy

Flashaholic
Convoy S2 through S8 series of lights can be had with a selection of different tints, and driven at different levels, you just select what you want through fasttech dot com.

If you look at the photo in this review
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...T5-Review-for-submission-in-the-Reviews-forum

the S2 has a deep pocket clip. My S2 doesn't have one... maybe it was modified. Maybe one of the other lights in the S series has such a clip. The lights are less than $20 (except the stainless ones) and well liked.

ven

Flashaholic
This my smallest 18650 light,the xeno S3A V2

Reviews is on here,its a great light tbh,but i have replaced it with a d25cvn v2 ti,however if considering AA a little you can buy the d25a ti

This pic is next to the AA/14500 crelant to show size of the xeno

imho chalk/cheese in build quality in xenos favour

:thumbsup:

mcorp

Enlightened
I personally carry a tcr10 which as a deep carry clip but it has a slight green tint. You can get one from vinhnguyen54 if he still has, I believe he changed the led as well so there wouldn't be any green tint.

Latest posts