Next Melbourne Meet ( Easter ? or after ) How about a Mod Meet ?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a different kind of meet ? Rather than going some where Dark and Hot or Cold or Wet or Dry , how about a Mod Meet ?
Yes , bring parts , broken flashlights , lights wanting mods , soldering irons and other tools ...
Have a meet at some ones garage or something ? Mod lights , fix lights , maybe swap parts ? or hosts etc ... :thinking: Just a thought !

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
Will there be food? :)

It wouldn't be a Melbourne CPF meet without food!

Speaking of mods and builds I am finally putting my Big Jim ode together.
umega9un.jpg

I know that I have been planing this for a couple of years and i purchased most of the parts back then. Well it is finally happening!

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well , most meets are show and tell , and there is nothing wrong with that ..
But we are flashaholics , so for a bit of a change , why not actually meet up for something along the lines of a work shop ( mods )
We can help with swapping drivers or emitters , or rebuilding old lights , broken lights , and maybe a bit of a swap meet ( parts - lights - hosts )
I for one am some what loaded up with parts after about 5 years of mods ...

In fact I think I have a XM-L emitter I can pony up as a door prize ( new never molested ) ...
Also happy to do some soldering if required + bring tools etc
+ The meet would not need to be late at night , giving people time to go out to dinner or a movie or what ever in the evening ...
Maybe 12noon to 5 or 6 pm ...

Just a thought

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a nice idea for a change, however we still need somewhere dark to test out the mods/repairs. If we have a butane soldering iron we could find a nice undercover area in like the ones in Jells Park or Grants Picnic Area, Kallista to do the mods and repairs, then still have a truly dark area to muck around with our lights.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a battery/inverter/UPS combo that'll run an electric soldering iron for hours

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm , wow , its gotten wet suddenly ,, Such a dry start to the year ( not that Im complaining ) not after the rain in anyway's .
So depending on weather , I have solder and iron ( requires power )
Would require some daylight to do mods ( not good in the dark ) .
Not sure how good an idea it is in the field ( so to speak ) but emitter swaps and repairs should be ok .. ( Rain would be bad )

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be in Melbourne that night, one way or another. I can make other plans, though, hang out with my family instead of you lot ;)