http://www.macscustoms.com/ shutted down

Hightower

Newly Enlightened
I just saw that the website http://www.macscustoms.com/ shutted down. It says:

Thanks for all your suppport. I'm shutting down the website until I can catch up on the backorders. Please contact me please via the Paypal payment E-Mail address if you have any questions. Thanks Mac

Hope thats a good sign. I ordered dec 10th and I'm still waiting for my dropin.
:mad:

BR

Hightower

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoot him an email and inquire. As I understand it, in the past some of Mac's lights took about 3 months for completion. Not sure how long he was taking for dropins. That said, both might have changed currently due to the backlog. Best of luck and hope you receive it soon!

callmaster

Enlightened
Don't think there's a number on the site, plus he only changed the front page with that message. The rest of the pages are still up.

So he might be shut down, or he might be working on his backlog.

Stockhouse13

Newly Enlightened
Not to throw lighter fluid on things, as there maybe a good reason, but why would someone shut a website down just because they're busy.
They would just put a statement on the website.

IsaacL

Enlightened
It's not actually "shut down" and he did put a "statement" on the main page.

Unless someone has the inside scoop, it appears that he updated the website to reflect the attention he is putting into backorders. In fact, his statement to that effect doesn't leave much in the way of speculation.

I hope this means people will start seeing packages show up in the mail.

Last edited:

GregY

Newly Enlightened
People who do custom work, of all kinds, do this sort of thing all the time.

They generally put out a message saying "I've stopped taking orders", then they stop taking orders. So the backlog starts getting smaller instead of larger. Then when the backlog is small enough, they start taking orders again.

Stockhouse13

Newly Enlightened
It's not actually "shut down" and he did put a "statement" on the main page.

Unless someone has the inside scope, it looks like he updated the website to reflect the attention he is putting into backorders. In fact, the statement to that effect doesn't leave much in the way of speculation.

I hope this means people will start seeing packages show up in the mail.

I had went to his website before I made my comment. Saw nothing of the sort. Glad alls well.