Need Recommendation for Portable Flashlight

mlw4428

Newly Enlightened
I previously had a Gerber Infinity Ultra until the battery corroded so bad that I couldn't remove it from the back of the flashlight. I need a flashlight within that size range which will fit into a Leatherman Charge dual side pouch sheath. I'm looking for something within the single AA range and something with decent battery life. It would be nice if the output were good enough for a bit of walking around at night, but I realize I'm getting wishful.

Can anyone suggest anything that fits the requirements? It MUST meet the size requirements for the sheath, it MUST use single AA, and it must be waterproof/water resistant. I'd prefer lifespan of at least 22 hours (even if it's some sort of "low" setting).

Can Candlepower Forums help me?

UnderPar

Enlightened
You have several choices for your requirements. You can easily choose from almost all the brands of flashlights for these specifics. But to be specific with your single AA and 22 hours battery lifespan, I would suggest Zebralight coz its sub medium level, M2 can give you 25 lumens for 12 hours or 12 lumens for 27 hours. Its low, 2.7 lumens will last for 4 days. The low of Nitecore MT1A, 5 lumens can also last for 60 hours. The Quark series of FourSevens, QTA has a low of 5 lumens and can last for 2 days. This is just to name a few. As I have said, almost all flashlight brands have models that can fit your requirements. I only mentioned the models that I have used and own. You may check their respective websites for further scrutiny of the details. HTH

MBentz

Enlightened
I'll toss out a recommendation for the Eagletac D25A clicky. I was recently looking for a single AA light to add to the EDC rotation, and in my research the D25A has the smallest diameter of any AA light I found with a clicky switch at 17.5mm at the head, tapering down to 17mm at the body. If I looked up the correct specs of your previous light, it came in at a hair over 19mm in diameter. The Quark QTA is almost 22mm in diameter, the MT1A is 22.5mm, and I believe UnderPar was speaking of the SC52 when he was referring to Zebralight. If so, that model is 23.6mm in diameter.

I'm not sure why manufactures are making such thick AA lights. I needed a thin one for comfortable EDC which led me to purchase the D25A clicky.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Gerber and the Nitecore SENS AA is similar in size, the head is the same diameter but the body diameter is slightly smaller, it is also a similar length.

It has a 60 hour output on low which is a similar output (6 Lumens) to the Gerber. On high it puts out 120 lumens, it also has a nice feature called Active Dimming Technology. All the details are on the Nitecore website.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I'll toss out a recommendation for the Eagletac D25A clicky. I was recently looking for a single AA light to add to the EDC rotation, and in my research the D25A has the smallest diameter of any AA light I found with a clicky switch at 17.5mm at the head, tapering down to 17mm at the body. If I looked up the correct specs of your previous light, it came in at a hair over 19mm in diameter. The Quark QTA is almost 22mm in diameter, the MT1A is 22.5mm, and I believe UnderPar was speaking of the SC52 when he was referring to Zebralight. If so, that model is 23.6mm in diameter.

I'm not sure why manufactures are making such thick AA lights. I needed a thin one for comfortable EDC which led me to purchase the D25A clicky.

:oops:, thanks for the correction MB. I appreciate it. lovecpf