Orbtronic 3600mAh Cells

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
Hi There,

Last week I received my order for 2 Orbtronic 3600mAh cells, and I am very impressed!! They came extremely well packaged; they were shipped to me, I am in the US, using USPS with signature required delivery. They came in a plastic case made just for 2 cells inside a small cardboard box that had foam protection on all four sides. What really amazed me was that each cell was wrapped in shrink wrap, covering both the + and - terminals, so there was no possibility the cells could be shorted or cause any damage in an accident.

This shrink wrap has to be removed before the cells can be used. (I can visualize some newbie trying to use them with the shrink wrap still on and wondering why his batteries don't work!!!!)

They came charged at 3.70 volts and I put them on my Xtar VP1 charger and they came off at 4.19 volts, checking with my Fluke Series 73 multimeter.

I put a cell in each of my Zebra Lite SC 600 (first released model) and my Nitecore SRT 7 and the batteries fit perfectly in each flashlight without any resistance.

This is my first experience with Orbtronics, but it won't be my last!! I am very impressed with their service and their commitment to safety.
:twothumbs

HKJ

Flashaholic
That sound exactly like my review copy:

DSC_4246.jpg
DSC_4247.jpg

LessDark

Enlightened
Sounds great, you are lucky to have them as it seems hard to find any at the moment. Where did you order yours?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious, when did you order them? I'm on their site right now and they're showing sold out, which has been the case for months and months.

Chris

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
Where did you order yours?

Hi LessDark,

I ordered directly from Orbtronics. I checked their web site from time to time and when I noticed that the 3600 was not on back-order I placed an order for 2 and received then very quickly.

Cheers!!!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a small fleet of the 3400mah batteries, trying to find an excuse to pick up some 3600's :)

I'm still running 3100s and don't feel the need to jump on the 3400s, but I'm sure I will one day, lol.

At $23 per cell for the Orbtronic 3600s, I can get four of the FastTech-esque type 3400s, so the 3600s aren't worth it to me, for the few minutes in added capacity I might gain.

Chris

MBentz

Enlightened
I'm still running 3100s and don't feel the need to jump on the 3400s, but I'm sure I will one day, lol.

At $23 per cell for the Orbtronic 3600s, I can get four of the FastTech-esque type 3400s, so the 3600s aren't worth it to me, for the few minutes in added capacity I might gain.

Chris

+1

Paying for 3600 mAh 18650s when you have 3400s doesn't make a lot of sense when the cost is considerably higher. Orbtronic said in a year or so we should be seeing 4000 mAh cells. That's still just over a 15% gain in capacity over 3400s and you know they will be expensive.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
+1

Paying for 3600 mAh 18650s when you have 3400s doesn't make a lot of sense when the cost is considerably higher. Orbtronic said in a year or so we should be seeing 4000 mAh cells. That's still just over a 10% gain in capacity over 3400s and you know they will be expensive.

That's what I'm thinking. I actually have four 3400mAh cells, but I'm thinking about going 3100mAh for my next purchase if I can get them cheap!

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats on the latest cells,be interested longer term and if really noticeable even though only 200mah more over the highest so far:thumbsup:

Agree with above posts,the extra expense for me is just not worth it,in fact already owning 3400 cells ,the newest ones are 3100 keeppowers,as i top off the cells after use(obv store ones at around 40% if longer than a couple of months).

So 200mah to me is neither here nor there,the only important but for me is it is a small move in the right direction:thumbsup: 3100/3400 for me makes no odds,some cells are 2600,lowest i have are 2300 and do think these are a little on the mah low side.....depending on light of course.An edc that used at 100lm then 2300mah fine,in a 4400lm monster its a bit inadequate .............

So i just use appropriate mah for the appropriate lights,i also go off value for money.......
Just my opinion on it,just dont think the cost is in proportion to the mah increase............by a long way

Last edited:

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
Also, I read in another thread that Orbtronic mislabeled or mistakenly used one of the Panasonic hybrid cells instead of the standard advertised Ones.
Can you link to the thread? I'd like to check it out. Orbtronic does also offer relabled Panasonic (afaik) hybrid cells, but I've not heard of them mixing them up with ICR's or mislabling them, although it's always possible. I have several of their 3100mah protected ICR's, and I also buy my hybrids from them, but I always just buy the standard Panasonic CGR18650CH's with the gray wrappers so that they're easily distinguishable at a glance.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Sorry to post on an old thread. How come you never reviewed the Orbtronic 3400 mah cells?

The general problem is that I live in EU and Orbtronic in US, shipping batteries is expensive with the current postal regulations.
If the US dealers pays for the batteries and the shipping, I will happily review their batteries.

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened
I looked for about an hour and can't find the thread. I think the confusion was regarding their 2900mah cells. It appears that they changed the cell per their website: "NEW! We use the latest Panasonic NCR18650PF cell for this Orbtronic battery assembly." So my guess is that they didn't update that on their site right away, and they were advertising a different cell for a short time. In the post I read originally, the poster didn't specify which capacity had the mislabeling. So it appears it is the 2900mah.

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
I just received a pair of their 3100mAh 18650 cells. Packaged exactly as mentioned here. Very nice. They arrived at 3.64v each. I put them in charge/test mode on my Opus BT-C3400 and they charged up to 4.20 and then were discharged, then charged back to 4.20 again. They tested at 3120 and 3200mAh each. Nice to get what you paid for and then some. After an hour or so they settled to about 4.16v and have stayed there.

Excellent cells for a very fair price and excellent shipping/service from Orbtronic. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.