UltraFire HWA/WYS XML-T6 plastic focusable lens replacement?

Newly Enlightened
I have a new Chinese UltraFire HWA/WYS XML-T6 LED flashlight with a cheap plastic dome-shaped focusable lens. I searched through the forums, but can't find any reference to this light and replacing its lens with a glass one. When I remove the lens to simulate a plain flat glass lens, the beam is just too dispersed regardless of how I move the sliding focus sleeve fore and aft. Anyone know if a GLASS dome-shaped replacement lens is available for this light? It's a decent light, it's just that the plastic lens is nasty.

Brewing_Yankee

Newly Enlightened
i purchased a similar focus adjust ultra fire. gave it away. i believe the glass is not good and reduces the brightness compared to a flat glass ultrafire that i have.

there is a more expensive one but still cheaper than fenix; nitecore on amazon.

looking to get one soon to try it out.

- Brewing Yankee
BY

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased an AR coated condensing aspheric glass lens from Thorlabs a few weeks ago. Plan was to use it to replace the 18mm plastic aspheric lens in my modded budget zoomie.

Guess I shoulda actually called Thorlabs. The lens I got turned out to be useless as it had 2 focal lengths, so it was impossible to get a tight spot mode. Too bad considering it cost 5x the cost of the light.

I noticed DealExtreme has some aspheric glass lenses. Not a huge selection and they're not coated. But it might be what you need.