ARC-5Watt Mod by Jets22 PICS

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Hi , i've just received a new mod from Jets22, he modded an Arc and put into the head a Badboy 750 with a wonderfull 5W he modded also the 123 twisty power-pack so it now fits perfect , the 2x123 power pack and 1x123-kroll power pack do not need to be modified.
This light is very bright (see the pics ) i took out the LP-Fraen, that Jets put in , and put in a NX-05.
The 2x123 power pack is perfect with the 1767 lithium cell.
The beamshot has been taken with the Lithium rech.
Please note the tritium capsule putted in the power pack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The beamshot don't make justice to this light , it is brighter to the uman eye !!!!

Camera on manual setting for :
1.Arc LSHP mod with R3J LP_Fraen @ 650 mA by me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
2.McL4 BB600 R2H By Don
3.Arc 5W BB750 NX-05 by Jets

This mod puts out a "Wall of light" i'm impressed but it is my very first 5Watter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fa465964.jpg

fa46594d.jpg

fa46595f.jpg

fa465940.jpg

Arc 650mA Fraen R3J

fa463695.jpg

McL4 BB600 R2H

fa463689.jpg

Arc 5W NX-05 by Jets22
fa46368d.jpg

"Thanks Jets for sending this mod" is the minimum i can tell.

Jets22

Enlightened
Thank you for the nice words about my light...I like the shot of the Tritium I stuck in the powepack..enjoy the light and thanks again..

Kiessling

Flashaholic
can't wait for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Jets22

Enlightened
I would like to know how you like yours also Kiessling...Please let me know..

I only have one I built that still needs a little tune-up..I promised the owner a Luxeon change..He has a R right now but it has a slight off center High dome....Hate centering those things.. I think there are 12 or 13 of my modded Arc LS lights floating around now...So far, everyone has really enjoyed them...Hope you are also.. Thanks guys

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Hi Jets,

sorry but seeing the pics of the flashlight and of the beamshots i realized that in reality the light is more nice and the beamshots are a lot brighter, i 'll try to take more beamshots using "longer time" on my camera.
I also realy love the "Panda look" of this flashlight , i try changed the alu. body with a HA3 but i returned to the original configuration.

ciao

DumboRAT

Enlightened
LOL, you're a dangerous man to make friends with, you keep me drooling......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy Holidays buddy, and hey, let me know when the time comes.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
just received my little precious ... wow!
it is this light:
fa418618.jpg

it is the same setup as Miciobigios ... a 5W LS driven by a BB750 for the ultimate size/brightness ratio.
It is *very* beautiful, perfectly polished with a black ring around the tip of the bezel, making it quite stylish. this black ring really adds quite a bit flavor! The tritium dot is also there, a very unique and strange feature, I am not yet accustomed to things that never stop glowing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The craftmanship on this light is exceptional, it seems perfect in every aspect. I only had to re-tighten the fit of the heatsink in the bezel that somehow came a bit loose during the long journey overseas ... not even worth mentioning, but Brock insisted that I described every aspect of the light he sent me.

Now ... what it does: it is bright. Really bright. Here's a beamshot:
fa41861b.jpg

The 5W paired with the Fraen LP prodces an intense hotspot surrounded by a rather intense square corona with blue tips, resulting in a beam that is wider than with a 1W or LuxIII and does serve well for close-up tasks as well, if one could bear the amount of light that this devil light puts out. The donut hole is of course there, but it is surprisingly small and not annoying at all. The beam quality is similar to every other LS/optics combo I own.
Overall brightness is less than the same combo in a reflectored bezel of course (some loss does occur), but the hotspot easily smokes my good stock SF L4. Throw is very good, as expected here. In the end, the Fraen LP seems a good alternative for a 5-watter in very small hosts that cannot have a reflector.
Of course, heat is a major concern in this setup ... it is not suited to run continiously for more than a few minutes. based on my observations on the BB750 X3T on 1x123 in another thread, the expected runtime should be about 20-30 min in regulation, but I haven't tested with this particular light.

Conclusion:
One hell of a light.

bernhard

Jets22

Enlightened
Bernhard.....I'm getting tears in my eyes seeing the twins together again...LOL

Hey, I'm really glad you enjoy the light...I can only imagine what that thing went through on its 6000 mile trip.. Glad I was able to fix it via e-mail..You ever have any problems please contact me..I appreciate your kind words on the custom Arc.

Happy Holidays

Kiessling

Flashaholic
just one negative point to add:
these special looking lights seem to be very attractive to the opposite sex! I almost lost mine because SHE suddenly thought it would fit quite well in her purse and it was soooo cute!
I saved my precious by mumbling something about "experimental technology" and "getting very hot" and "having to be careful when using" ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... otherwise, it might have been lost and Sauron would have been left in the dark again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Hey Brock !

Make mine a 5 (five) Watt if possible, please !

Screw run-time, I want power. LOL !

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Jets22

Enlightened
I know what you what your saying...my wife wanted the one you bought! and ..I just built one as a present for a friends wife over in the UK ... He has 2 , and wouldn't let his wife use any....(You know who you are ) I better not hear she didn't get her Christmas present buddy..(LOL)

Take care guys

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Allen, just do not forget to order a pair of those asbest-gloves ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I like THAT idea!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
And while you're at it ... don't forget the "not suitable for children under 21" disclaimer, or you might get sued for eye damage ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

P.S.: on temperature: I just tested the light while walking in the cold (-3°C), and it does fine there, the moderate heat that accumulates in the body is greatly appreciated by my hands ...

DumboRAT

Enlightened
The hotter the better !

LOL, Brock and Bernhard -- remember, I'm in a place that gets cold, too.....Brock's the only one that has to worry about burns, we two, Bernhard, are just trying to keep warm!

Allen
aka DumboRAT

PS: Much obliged for the trouble of the 5W, Brock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jets22

Enlightened
Re: The hotter the better !

(-3)C Wow that's cold... We get below 50 here and everyone thinks were going to freeze to death....Love this Florida weather

I'll look into the engraved Nuclear Logo...I actually think it would look cool on the light.. Might do that on my personal light..

Jets22

Enlightened
Re: The hotter the better !

Well, I was bored today (and my wife wants one of these lights again).. I decided to make a new powerpack option work for this mod. This is the result of some shop work today.. I really like the look and function of this set-up... sorry for the poor picture.... but my wife was trying to snatch it from me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif web page