NEW olight ST25

kj2

Flashaholic
qa3ubusu.jpg

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone got this yet?

Be interested to see how hot it gets as I assume that turbo uses around 2.5A from the batteries and maybe 2A to the LED. I assume there must be some sort of a step down as I can't see a lot of metal around the head.

UberFlashlights

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Just wanted to say I have been checking this forum for about a year or so and decided to finally join tonight. It is an honor to be among fellow flashlightoholics :) and I am excited to talking to some liked minds about everything 'flashlight based' in the near future.

I will be receiving my Olight ST25 Baton later tonight and I am excited to see the new features like the silent / flat tail cap on / off button and such. Also nice to see the 550 Lumen with only 2 AA!

I am tossing around the idea of starting a YouTube Channel just for making videos to review the lights which will be simple, clear and to the point. If I decide to do this, I am going to take the things I like when I watch reviews and design them around that way while adding my own touch to things. I am not a super hard-core pro and a awesome tester like 'SelfBuilt' (and many of the others here too!), but my I hope to offer an informative and fun review if I decide to do this adventure. I will just be a person who enjoys playing with his lights and sharing what he learns with others.

Anyways, glad to be here and I look forward to talking to you guys soon!

Now off to get that ST25 Olight package :).

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to say I have been checking this forum for about a year or so and decided to finally join tonight. It is an honor to be among fellow flashlightoholics :) and I am excited to talking to some liked minds about everything 'flashlight based' in the near future.

Welcome to the posting club. :welcome:

Looking forward to your review.

This is an interesting picture in the manual.
http://bit.ly/RgSQrp

Looks like regulation on alkaline is pretty good. Not flat but good enough, and especially for 80 minutes. I wonder if the dip in the graph around the 25 minute mark is after a certain voltage drop.

UberFlashlights

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the posting club. :welcome:

Looking forward to your review.

This is an interesting picture in the manual.
http://bit.ly/RgSQrp

Looks like regulation on alkaline is pretty good. Not flat but good enough, and especially for 80 minutes. I wonder if the dip in the graph around the 25 minute mark is after a certain voltage drop.

Thanks for the welcome. I need to figure out how to make a decent video for YouTube. I can do a basic one probably with nothing fancy...I need to think about this one :).

UberFlashlights

Newly Enlightened
First Impressions of the Olight ST25:

1) Seems well built like most of the other Olights and lights around this price range ($59.99 @ goinggear.com currently)
2) Takes AA batteries (which is the reason I bought it...I like a mix of AA and 18650 lights)
3) The tail cap does not have a tatical on / off, but rather for a constant on / off. You can turn the light on and off using the side button OR the tail button.
4) Nice to have it be able to stand on the tail end of the light since it is flat...also no sound when pushing it in. I wish the button would push more in as it barely has to be pushed down much to turn it on.
5) Not sure if I like how Turbo mode is setup yet or not. You have to click it 2x fast from the OFF mode to get into turbo. You cannot go into turbo mode from other light settings when the light is on. It seems to be from the 'Off' position only. Still on the fence if I really like that or not.
6) Cool that it has a 'glow in the dark' small ring right below the top of the head of the bezel. I would guess this is if you drop the light that you can find it for the next 30 seconds or so?
7) If you put the light in strobe mode by double clicking the side button when the light is on...and then turn it off with the TAIL button, it will remember the strobe mode when turning the light back on. That is a pretty nice feature I think.
8) No SOS mode (doesn't really need one IMHO)...wish it had Becon instead
9) Pocket clip is a 2 position one

All around the light seems ok, but will have to try it more at night to see if I really like it. So far I am on the fence about this. I guess I am spoiled by my Fenix PD35 which I still feel is one of the best EDC lights for the money, light settings, brightness and size (but this one uses 18650 not AA)

I also have the Fenix TK75 2900 new Lumen version and that thing is definitely a beast that likes to turn the dark into light and is awesome for the price.

I also tried Thrunight recently and their TN32 is definitely a King of throw at 1000m for the price of under $200.00! Thing is like a death ray in the night hahah..

Last edited:

D6859

Enlightened
First Impressions of the Olight ST25:
3) The tail cap does not have a tatical on / off, but rather for a constant on / off. You can turn the light on and off using the side button OR the tail button.
4) Nice to have it be able to stand on the tail end of the light since it is flat...also no sound when pushing it in. I wish the button would push more in as it barely has to be pushed down much to turn it on.

By 3) it seems this light isn't a big improvement from Olight S15 except for the output(!) of course. When I saw the pictures I hoped it had clicky tailswitch, but as the side switch also does the on/off (and by 4)) you should physically lock-out the light. I think I'll keep EDC'ing my Thrunite TN12 and my S15 (physically locked).

Kaboby

Newly Enlightened
Hope Olight brings out a 4XAA high lumens light .... one similar to D40A