What are all available penlights out there?

N_N_R

Enlightened
The title pretty much says it all. I'd like to have a topic where we've enumerated all currently existing and still in production penlights.

I recently acquired the Fenix LD05, although it's discontinued. I'm also considering the popular 4Sevens Preon 2.

What else is there? Is there anything else that I'm missing?:

- Fenix LD05
-4Sevens Preon 2
-4Sevens Penlight/Olight O'Pen
-Maglite 2 x AAA (though, does it qualify as a penlight?)
-Nextorch K3
-Streamlight Stylus Pro

These are the ones I know. Are there any else? ANy other companies that produce penlights?

And if you share your penlight pictures, great :D

Yamabushi

Enlightened
TerraLUX LightStar 80 (appears to be discontinued but still readily available from various sellers)

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CQG S2 + clip.
Tank PA02
Bronte RA03

What's the definition of a pen light? 2xAA, less than 10mm diameter?

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
I'm also considering the popular 4Sevens Preon 2.

The Preon 2 has a mushy, rattly (if that's a word) switch that many (myself included) don't like. I put my Preon 2 head on an old 2 piece Stylus Pro body and made a fantastic penlight. You can find the instructions on CPF if you search. The only problem is that Stylus Pros have been one piece for several years now, so finding the two piece body is tricky.

A better solution is the Foursevens Penlight, the first reverse clicky memory mode flashlight that I love. It ended my search for the perfect penlight (ymmv).

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
What's the definition of a pen light? 2xAA, less than 10mm diameter?

Good question. I would think 1xAAA or 2xAAA, or a AAAA light like the Streamlight Stylus (not Pro). But some may include an AA light, even though it is significantly larger in diameter than the average ink pen.

N_N_R

Enlightened
Haha, never thought about the definition of a penlight. I always thought that 2AAA (one "above" the other) would be a penlight, lol. Otherwise... 1 AAA light in the shape of a penlight would be some waste of space, maybe.

@Dr.Strangelove

Thanks for pointing that out. I've seen lots of videos on YT with people having problems with their Preon 2, indeed. I've wanted one for years, in fact, but those videos always stopped me. Moreover, I live in a country far away from the manufacturer and we don't have any local representative/seller, so I wouldn't be able to make a warranty claim if something was wrong... But I still want that light and maybe I'll risk getting one.. I prefer penlights that do not change their shape, so to speak, throughout their length. I.e. not too big or small heads. I know the preon widens a little, but it, together with the Fenix LD05 are so far the closest thing to my perception of a penlight.

I had the 4Sevens penlight, but its clip bended way too often and easily and it would also flicker sometimes (seems to be an issue with the 4Sevens 2AAA)

N_N_R

Enlightened
I want to get another penlight for the summer. I'm a woman and generally wear more tight-fitting pants... so from my observations, thinner penlights aren't so noticeable in my pockets as my 1AA thicker Fenixes. Judging by the specs, the Preon 2 is slightly shorter than the Fenix LD05 which I got and maybe even a little thinner. So, perhaps it would be one of the best options for me. I'm also planning on combining it with an Olight i3s as a smaller alternative/ back-up. I often need to hold the light in my mouth and the i3s is perfect for that. Also, if the Preon turns out unreliable, the i3s are the best toughest AAAs I've seen (had about 3 so far). So... perhaps I'll order a blue Preon 2 and a blue i3s...

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
511's Altac Plx 2aaa 70 lumens I believe. It's floody but good and built tough.
The Streamlight Stylus pro as mentioned above, is 48 lumens, decent throw for its size.
Pelican 1920 handles similar to the Streamlight but has a little more output.

for multi mode lights, the Quark penlights are all good. I own both the Nichia219 preon 2 and the Olight O Pen, I like the Olight UI better

ven

Flashaholic
This is the only pen light i have,nothing special,iirc about 35lm but enough for my use.Runs on 3x AAAA yes AAAA so is actually like a pen.Also stainless with pocket clip,i got for a bargain and paid $4 :thumbsup: yes new too, bidding on a certain auction site
Coast A9,no modes,just on/off simplicity.........

Sure a 50+lm which is rechargeable too