Ligth to mimick nightsun sx-16 in helicopter

kyanos

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have gathered a lot of great information here.

I've done many searches but I'm not finding the solution to my issue and hoped this knowledge base could help.

I am filming something using a helicopter that is not equipped with a nightsun sx-16. We've looked into the cost of getting a nightsun but it is prohibitive.
I've looked at mounting a maxabeam or something like it out of the door of the helicopter and I'm wondering what you all suggest here.

I've looked at the Maxabeam, Maxablaster and Nightsword as possibilities due to the option of being able to power it with a battery source that can be carried in the helicopter.

I need something that comes closest to matching the nightsun in beam patter, adjustability and light output.

Thanks for your feedback.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps you could rent one for the filming you need? The reason a night Sun looks the way it does is because of what it is, and what it, isn't cheap...
If you could film with the light separate from the chopper, a maxabeam held 15' to 20' above the areas being filmed would look okish but still not the sheer volume of light that the NS provides.
I know there are companies that rent that kind of equipment specifically for filming.

Onestep

Newly Enlightened
Are you filming from a helicopter using the light to light the subject or are you filming the helicopter and light while in flight from the ground?