Where to get LED

Mikeg23

Enlightened
If I want to modify an existing light where do I buy an emitter from. I see illumination supply sells a few but not what I'm looking for. Noe of the other places I shop have anything.

I'm wanting to put an XPG/XPG2 in my surefire U2 and would want something pretty warm I love my malkoff XPG HCRI

duckied

Newly Enlightened
Have you check intl-outdoors or mountain electronics LLC?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
what exactly are you looking for? illumination supply has 6 different xpg\xpg2.
if you looking for high cri xpg2 good luck, they are not easy to come by, or you can use nichia 92 cri, that is in stock at illumination supply. they are even better than xpg2 high cri.

led supply sells warm xpg, but not high cri.

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I don't really know exactly what I'm looking for... From what the U2 with SSC P4 would be best to get a 10mm board and trim it down.

As for led I like XPG and XPG2. Somewhere between 3000-4000k not sure about Cri I have both 80 and 90 and 80 is fine...

probably closer to 4000 is ok so that it will be brighter

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fastech, Banggood, CN Quality Goods, all places to check out. Most easy to get are previous-gen LEDs though, like Cree XM-L, XP-G etc (vs. their newer -2 versions).

Neutral white isn't hard to find, warm white less easy (or the "warm white" you get, isn't really warm white :mad: ). But first things first: determine what size LED board sits in your light. Grinding down a bigger pcb might work, but is a lot of trouble and might damage connections. Making a smaller board fit, is also troublesome. Better find a matching size, so 1st determine what that size is!

Also optics will be designed for a specific LED type. So if you go for another emitter (say, XP-G2 if an XM-L was in there), beam profile will change. Think first about how, and whether you'd want that.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I haven't had a 219 yet but from everything I've looked at it's not warm enough and doesn't throw enough for my taste...

from on other threads that I've read the 10mm board is best because you don't have to shim it. I just didn't know where to buy from the internet has a lot of shady companies that don't deliver and even if they do the product may not he so great.

thanks for all the suggestions I will check out these stores!