Looking for high CRI daylight color G25 G30 Globe bulbs for Hollywood style mirror

neysa

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone !
I am very excited to find this forum after hours of searching for the right lightbulbs
I am looking for daylight - natural light lightbulbs in the shape of decorative globe ( probably G25 - G30 ) That will have natural daylight color and high CRI and will be possibly energy saving.
Please dont think I didnt try to find them myslef, all the LED bulbs I am finding have cri at the most 85 and give the skin that dead undertone. I also have tried Reveal lightbulbs but these burn energy fast and get hot and the light color isnt that wonderful for doing makeup.
These bulbs will be exposed on the decorative mirror ( hollywood style ) so they have to look good and give as natural light as possible with high CRI ( they will be used to do makeup, if you do makeup in bad light you will go out looking funny ;)
I will be greateful for any advice !
So far I had tried Verbatim LED, Reveal frosted and clear indanascent bulbs, and Kobi LED and Philips Decor duramax chrome G25 and Satco G25 LED
Please help ! :)

neysa

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone !
I am very excited to find this forum after hours of searching for the right lightbulbs
I am looking for daylight - natural light lightbulbs in the shape of decorative globe ( probably G25 - G30 ) That will have natural daylight color and high CRI and will be possibly energy saving.
Please dont think I didnt try to find them myslef, all the LED bulbs I am finding have cri at the most 85 and give the skin that dead undertone. I also have tried Reveal lightbulbs but these burn energy fast and get hot and the light color isnt that wonderful for doing makeup.
These bulbs will be exposed on the decorative mirror ( hollywood style ) so they have to look good and give as natural light as possible with high CRI ( they will be used to do makeup, if you do makeup in bad light you will go out looking funny ;)
I will be greateful for any advice !
So far I had tried Verbatim LED, Reveal frosted and clear indanascent bulbs, and Kobi LED and Philips Decor duramax chrome G25 and Satco G25 LED
Please help ! :)
Also will be great if the lightbulbs will be dimmable :)!

skyled

Newly Enlightened
Tuwago has a G30 globe that has good light quality. I along with many friends and family have switched to these in our vanity fixtures in the bathrooms. They don't have as high a cri as you want but seems like it's the best one out there in terms of quality. And they look great in our 8 bulb vanity mirror with the bulbs facing you. Friends and wife all say it's way better than any other bulb for makeup. No heat to cause sweat either.

Only 9 watts of energy
CRI 83
2700K (daylight would actually be 5000-5500K)
720 lumens (that's almost 60 watt territory)
instant on without any warming up time

http://www.tuwago.com/collections/globe/products/globe-led

neysa

Newly Enlightened
Are these bulbs dimmable ? I really would love something color correct and dimmable and energy saving. Seems like a lot of requirements !;)

skyled

Newly Enlightened
No it's not dimmable. I have 3 on a dimmer switch and they work fine. Just stays the same brightness even if the switch is adjusted down.

neysa

Newly Enlightened
anything out there that will be dimmable and have high cri and natural light color ?